Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I am Seeking Urgent Advice About My HTC ONE

Tip us?

rohan1992
Old
(Last edited by rohan1992; 13th March 2014 at 07:13 PM.) Reason: words spelt wron
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] I am Seeking Urgent Advice About My HTC ONE

Hi I have a HTC ONE MODEL: HTCPN072. It is a sprint phone I just baught on the web. The problem I have is that the cellphone cannot connect when ever i put in a Jamaican SIM Card in it. When ever I put in a GSM sim card it is saying 'Invalid SIM CARD. 4G service are unavailable as the sim/UICC is invalid'' I dont know if u can Help me please because this phone is a brand new one!
Can this phone be used in Jamaica? on 2G and 3G networks?
How do I know if it is a GSM OR CDMA mobile phone?

mb_guy
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan1992 View Post
Hi I have a HTC ONE MODEL: HTCPN072. It is a sprint phone I just baught on the web. The problem I have is that the cellphone cannot connect when ever i put in a Jamaican SIM Card in it. When ever I put in a GSM sim card it is saying 'Invalid SIM CARD. 4G service are unavailable as the sim/UICC is invalid'' I dont know if u can Help me please because this phone is a brand new one!
Can this phone be used in Jamaica? on 2G and 3G networks?
How do I know if it is a GSM OR CDMA mobile phone?
Is the phone sim unlocked? I don't know how it works with Sprint but that would be the case with GSM providers
Phone: HTC One- Rogers unlocked
Rom: 4.4.2 Stock Sense 6
Stock Kernel

Old Phone: HTC Sensation, HD2, Tilt
Rom: ARHD
kernel: stock

Hesster
Old
Thanks Meter 13
If it's Sprint, it's CDMA.AT&T and T-Mobile are the only GSM providers in the US. However, it should work there if you get the SIM unlocked. The SIM unlock code is formulated based on the IMEI, so there are three ways to get it:

From Sprint. Probably the simplest, but tricky if you're not the phone's original owner.

Pay a site or unlocking service with the algorithm that decodes it from the IMEI. Usually runs around $10-$20.

Try the steps in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586704

You can also try this app, but it only works on rooted phones running the original ROM:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lockhelperfree

Good luck.

rohan1992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
How do i go about unlocking the Sim? I cant get the unlock box where I put in the code to come up!

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
How do i go about unlocking the Sim? I cant get the unlock box where I put in the code to come up!
Bro, A CDMA PHONE CANNOT BE UNLOCKED. IT WON'T EVEN WORK ON ANOTHER CDMA CARRIER LIKE VERIZON. ONLY SPRINT SIMs WILL WORK.
Make sure u buy a GSM phone if u plan 2 use it on another carrier.

rohan1992
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
But the phone uses GSM! It picks up the network here but I just cant get the unlock box

raghav kapur
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
But the phone uses GSM! It picks up the network here but I just cant get the unlock box
Then it simply isn't a Sprint handset. CDMA phones can only work on that particular network. The phone is custom-made just for that network