Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] I am Seeking Urgent Advice About My HTC ONE

OP rohan1992

13th March 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi I have a HTC ONE MODEL: HTCPN072. It is a sprint phone I just baught on the web. The problem I have is that the cellphone cannot connect when ever i put in a Jamaican SIM Card in it. When ever I put in a GSM sim card it is saying 'Invalid SIM CARD. 4G service are unavailable as the sim/UICC is invalid'' I dont know if u can Help me please because this phone is a brand new one!
Can this phone be used in Jamaica? on 2G and 3G networks?
How do I know if it is a GSM OR CDMA mobile phone?
Last edited by rohan1992; 13th March 2014 at 08:13 PM. Reason: words spelt wron
13th March 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 59

339 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan1992

Hi I have a HTC ONE MODEL: HTCPN072. It is a sprint phone I just baught on the web. The problem I have is that the cellphone cannot connect when ever i put in a Jamaican SIM Card in it. When ever I put in a GSM sim card it is saying 'Invalid SIM CARD. 4G service are unavailable as the sim/UICC is invalid'' I dont know if u can Help me please because this phone is a brand new one!
Can this phone be used in Jamaica? on 2G and 3G networks?
How do I know if it is a GSM OR CDMA mobile phone?

Is the phone sim unlocked? I don't know how it works with Sprint but that would be the case with GSM providers
13th March 2014, 10:03 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 13

94 posts
If it's Sprint, it's CDMA.AT&T and T-Mobile are the only GSM providers in the US. However, it should work there if you get the SIM unlocked. The SIM unlock code is formulated based on the IMEI, so there are three ways to get it:

From Sprint. Probably the simplest, but tricky if you're not the phone's original owner.

Pay a site or unlocking service with the algorithm that decodes it from the IMEI. Usually runs around $10-$20.

Try the steps in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2586704

You can also try this app, but it only works on rooted phones running the original ROM:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lockhelperfree

Good luck.
14th March 2014, 03:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
How do i go about unlocking the Sim? I cant get the unlock box where I put in the code to come up!
14th March 2014, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

459 posts
More
Quote:

How do i go about unlocking the Sim? I cant get the unlock box where I put in the code to come up!

Bro, A CDMA PHONE CANNOT BE UNLOCKED. IT WON'T EVEN WORK ON ANOTHER CDMA CARRIER LIKE VERIZON. ONLY SPRINT SIMs WILL WORK.
Make sure u buy a GSM phone if u plan 2 use it on another carrier.
14th March 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
But the phone uses GSM! It picks up the network here but I just cant get the unlock box
14th March 2014, 11:02 PM   |  #7  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

459 posts
More
Quote:

But the phone uses GSM! It picks up the network here but I just cant get the unlock box

Then it simply isn't a Sprint handset. CDMA phones can only work on that particular network. The phone is custom-made just for that network

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread