Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stock Desire X will not power up

Tip us?

iroczinoz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock Desire X will not power up

Hey all,

Phone is completely stock never got into flashing roms or anything. Had to ring up my provider to turn on my internet access. They asked me to restart my phone. I held the power button down menu came up, I selected power off phone. From then I have been unable to power it back on.

When left on charge overnight charging LED is orange never turns green.
Tried holding down power button for 10 secs,30 secs nothing.
Tried holding down volume button + power button, nothing.

Tried pressing the button inside the phone when cover off, took out battery basically tried everything possible.

Figuring it might be the battery since when I checked it with a Volt meter the battery was reading 2.9 volts where it should be 3.8v.

Took out my battery from my Incredible S and flipped it since the polarities are different, phone did not respond. I bought a new battery for it anyway just to make sure but they sent me the wrong one that also has the polarity in reverse so flipped it and nothing either. This battery is 3.7v instead of 3.8v but in any case this should probably not make any difference.

The phone just refuses to power on with no signs of malfunction before that.

Anybody have any ideas?

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroczinoz View Post
Hey all,

Phone is completely stock never got into flashing roms or anything. Had to ring up my provider to turn on my internet access. They asked me to restart my phone. I held the power button down menu came up, I selected power off phone. From then I have been unable to power it back on.

Tried pressing the button inside the phone when cover off, took out battery basically tried everything possible.

Figuring it might be the battery since when I checked it with a Volt meter the battery was reading 2.9 volts where it should be 3.8v.

Took out my battery from my Incredible S and flipped it since the polarities are different, phone did not respond. I bought a new battery for it anyway just to make sure but they sent me the wrong one that also has the polarity in reverse so flipped it and nothing either. This battery is 3.7v instead of 3.8v but in any case this should probably not make any difference.

Anybody have any ideas?
Looks like a paperweight. You should use warranty.
Current device: Oneplus One 64 GB Sandstone Black
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.

iroczinoz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansou901 View Post
Looks like a paperweight. You should use warranty.
Bummer and it is still under warranty but the problem is I am in Australia at the moment (bought in Europe) Would send to relatives but can't find invoice.

So I am out of luck. I spoke with HTC technical support they were absolutely useless, knew less than me. Last time I ever buy a HTC. Incredible S speaker died about 2 months after warranty. Now this with the Desire X, I guess spending $300+ on a phone gets you about 12 months use and you can throw away, great....

Is there anyway to flash new firmware onto the phone even without being able to power it up? When I connect the phone to PC nothing happens nothing it recognized on PC that anything is plugged in.

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847
Quote:
Bummer and it is still under warranty but the problem is I am in Australia at the moment (bought in Europe) Would send to relatives but can't find invoice.

So I am out of luck. I spoke with HTC technical support they were absolutely useless, knew less than me. Last time I ever buy a HTC. Incredible S speaker died about 2 months after warranty. Now this with the Desire X, I guess spending $300+ on a phone gets you about 12 months use and you can throw away, great....

Is there anyway to flash new firmware onto the phone even without being able to power it up? When I connect the phone to PC nothing happens nothing it recognized on PC that anything is plugged in.
I'm afraid no...
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, I'll help you as much as I can.

gidbi9952
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default desire x dead

Quote:
Hey all,

Anybody have any ideas?

MAIN BOARD ISSUE !! iAM 100% SURE WE GET DOESNS OF THIS PROBLEM !!

dansou901
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidbi9952 View Post
We had a few, that's right. But not enough to call it a mistake happened during assembly I think...

iroczinoz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidbi9952 View Post
Is this something I can replace myself without to much problem? Any idea on cost of mainboard?

dansou901
Old
(Last edited by dansou901; 13th March 2014 at 10:14 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 847
Quote:
Is this something I can replace myself without to much problem? Any idea on cost of mainboard?
I saw one for 150 € somewhere on the internet, it's relative easy to replace. But I think it's cheaper to buy a new one...

gidbi9952
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Maim board not for sale for phones normally...what iam doing is,check warranty first coz this fault covered by warranty even if u dont have receipt service centres have to fix it. If out of warranty look for broken phone online swap main board carefully. Not difficult..

iroczinoz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah for 150 euro not worth the money rather buy an LG. I will try and get it fixed under warranty but I know in Czech if you don't have receipt they don't talk to you. Would have thought they would have the serial number in database along with date of purchase.