[Q] Should we just accept that T-Mobile wifi calling will never come to GPE ROMs?

OP Chrono86

14th March 2014, 05:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

53 posts
More
I'll try not to rant here.

I love my HTC One. And T-Mobile. But no GSM carrier works in my condo. So I'm required to have wifi calling. And I really, really hate any manufacturer skins. I want to be able to use stock Android, and despise having to be stuck using this Sense nonsense.

Is anyone actively working on getting T-Mobile's wifi calling to work with stock Android ROMs? Or has it been determined impossible at this point?
14th March 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #2  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 249

996 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono86

I love my HTC One. And T-Mobile. But no GSM carrier works in my condo. So I'm required to have wifi calling. And I really, really hate any manufacturer skins. I want to be able to use stock Android, and despise having to be stuck using this Sense nonsense.

Is anyone actively working on getting T-Mobile's wifi calling to work with stock Android ROMs? Or has it been determined impossible at this point?

It isn't impossible, T-Mobile released the Wi-Fi calling framework so third-party developers could incorporate it. But, very few have bothered to do so.
14th March 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #3  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrono86

Why don't you sideload the Google Now Launcher, replace the HTC Stock apps with the Google equivalents on a Sense-based ROM, if WiFi calling is so important to you ??
14th March 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

53 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav kapur

Why don't you sideload the Google Now Launcher, replace the HTC Stock apps with the Google equivalents on a Sense-based ROM, if WiFi calling is so important to you ??

I've installed the Google Now Launcher which is a bit of an improvement. However it doesn't give me the nice transparent statusbar with a shadow that all the screenshots show. It instead gives a semi-transparent statusbar with a border. I've installed various xposed mods to make it fully transparent but that results in some glitchy behavior (opening certain apps makes the statusbar turn white)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread