[Q] How to get Nexus to show in Play Store

5th March 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orange County CA
Thanks Meter: 42

214 posts
More
So I bought 3 Nexus 7 (2013) for Christmas and was poking around the Play Store on my desktop the other day and noticed the one on my account is not showing up on My Devices.

It's stock, not rooted. I've cleared data for play services, and everything else I've read including uninstalling and reinstalling, force closing and restarting. I've installed apps directly from the Nexus but I want to be able to install from desktop as well.

I don't want to root because my main application for this tablet is Flickster which still is @ssaholic about supporting rooted devices.

Any ideas??
14th March 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Orange County CA
Thanks Meter: 42

214 posts
More
Nobody has an idea how to fix this issue? It's a pain as I'm often on PC would like to just send apps to tablet while I don't have it with me.
14th March 2014, 10:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 947

1,496 posts
Donate to Me
More
Wipe play store data, remove all google accounts, reboot, readd account, go to play store, wait a bit, could take an hour or so to see if it shows up.

If that does not work, and you are sure you tried everything else (adding/readding accounts, wiping cache and data of everything google-related, etc), root your device (yes you will have to root, but once the process is done, you can unroot, or use the xposed module that can hide root from apps, works on flickster too), (I'd also install TWRP and do a nandroid, or if you want to keep stock recovery, you can temporarily boot into twrp and do a nandroid too) install Titanium Backup, go into backups, and backup the app called Settings Storage 4.4.2 (similarly named), that will backup or old ID, then you can go into Settings > Manage Android id > Create New Random Android ID (it will also display your current ID, you might want to jot it down just in case before hitting generate), clear play store cache and data, delete all google accounts, reboot, readd account, goto play store and see if it worked (may take some time before it syncs and shows up though).

Another sure fire way (basically does what the above does, but starts fresh just to make sure) is to make a backup of what you don't want to lose with TB (yes you will have to root, but once the process is done, you can unroot, or use the xposed module that can hide root from apps, works on flickster too), install multirom, flash a new rom to secondary (it will get a new id), login with your google account on that rom, download an app or 2, wait a bit, see if it appears on the devices list in play store. If it does, then restore your data, swap secondary with primary, wipe the old rom, profit..if you use TB to backup restore as suggested it may ask you if you want to restore the old id, say 'ask me later' until you see that everything is working, that way you can always restore the old ID if you MUST, though if everything is accessible (things you purchased are there etc) you will want to eventually select, "keep new id".
Last edited by mdamaged; 14th March 2014 at 11:12 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread