Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more
Post Reply

[Q] LG G2 crashes after recovery problem

OP Kakawada

4th March 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Hello everyone,
*
I have a little (big) issue with my LG G2 (International D802). Everything was fine until I decided to change rom ( the stock is nice, but has micro lags ). So I decided to change and move to the Carbon rom (nightly) .
*
But the phone battery life was not as good as before, and there was some missing features (complete LG Quickwindow support for exemple)
*
Then, I decided to test cyanogenmod , especially to see if the battery life is better . And then I did something wrong : I started the stock rom recovery (there was an old backup on my phone) .
*
I realized at the end, and the recovery did completely fail , leading to a bootloop .
*
I finally managed to get booting to the stock rom with a .kdz flash using LG FlashTool software.
However, the phone is no longer stable at all: the wifi is slow, it does not detect my sim card , and most importantly, the phone crashes regularly (~ every 5 minutes). I'm unable to access files from windows ( but the phone is detected, just not visible in the explorer) .
*
I also tested the rom 4.4 SFR (France) : no more crashes (at least much less) , but sim card and LG applications do not work.
*
I also managed to get in TWRP recovery : When I turn on the adb sideload function, the transfer is successful, the installation completes without any problems (although I feel it is really quick - I tested Carbon and Cyanogenmod -) but in the end the system refuses to boot ( freeze on the boot animation)
*
In your opinion, is it recoverable?
*
Thanks!
5th March 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #2  
gentlemandroid17's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 123
 
800 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakawada

Hello everyone,
*
I have a little (big) issue with my LG G2 (International D802). Everything was fine until I decided to change rom ( the stock is nice, but has micro lags ). So I decided to change and move to the Carbon rom (nightly) .
*
But the phone battery life was not as good as before, and there was some missing features (complete LG Quickwindow support for exemple)
*
Then, I decided to test cyanogenmod , especially to see if the battery life is better . And then I did something wrong : I started the stock rom recovery (there was an old backup on my phone) .
*
I realized at the end, and the recovery did completely fail , leading to a bootloop .
*
I finally managed to get booting to the stock rom with a .kdz flash using LG FlashTool software.
However, the phone is no longer stable at all: the wifi is slow, it does not detect my sim card , and most importantly, the phone crashes regularly (~ every 5 minutes). I'm unable to access files from windows ( but the phone is detected, just not visible in the explorer) .
*
I also tested the rom 4.4 SFR (France) : no more crashes (at least much less) , but sim card and LG applications do not work.
*
I also managed to get in TWRP recovery : When I turn on the adb sideload function, the transfer is successful, the installation completes without any problems (although I feel it is really quick - I tested Carbon and Cyanogenmod -) but in the end the system refuses to boot ( freeze on the boot animation)
*
In your opinion, is it recoverable?
*
Thanks!

i would kdz again. it sounds like it did not install properly the first time making sure its the exact same kdz file you need. i have had to kdz more than once in the past for it to install properly.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476
5th March 2014, 02:24 AM   |  #3  
XxZombiePikachu's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,485
 
2,538 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
you can also try redownloading your kdz, might have had a bad dowload
5th March 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #4  
gentlemandroid17's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 123
 
800 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

you can also try redownloading your kdz, might have had a bad dowload

that 2
5th March 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlemandroid17

i would kdz again. it sounds like it did not install properly the first time making sure its the exact same kdz file you need. i have had to kdz more than once in the past for it to install properly.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2432476

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu

you can also try redownloading your kdz, might have had a bad dowload

Thanks for the answers.

I tried flashing the kdz several times.

I tried 2 kdz: one with kitkat, and the other with jelly bean.

I'm sure that the jelly bean kdz is working, because I flashed it when I got the phone (Hong Kong Rom -> Europe Open)

I'll try the Kitkat Europe Open kdz when it will be available.
14th March 2014, 11:05 PM   |  #6  
jylo's Avatar
Junior Member
Lille
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Okay... my phone is still buggy, I think the EFS is damaged. Is it possible to repair it ? (found backup and restore but not repair)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank