Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 54,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Instaling EMMC rom on NAND

Tip us?

arun_e
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Instaling EMMC rom on NAND

Hi...
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 clone phone. The model details are,

Hardware : MT6572 (MT6589 is Fake!)
Model : GT-I9500
Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
Build date UTC : 20130929-031852
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/07 10:44
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (whl@server2) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Sun Sep 29 11:14:49 CST 2013

It was having problem with the internal memory because it always shows incorrect storage details. So I tried to flash it with another ROM and
it ended up with bricking. After a long search in different websites I managed to flash my backup back to the phone. But the phone is still stuck
in the boot loop. Then I tried several other ROMs but SP Flashing tool always shows the ROM is for EMMC and the one I must flash is NAND.
Later I got one NAND rom also but still it is in the boot loop.
All available stock ROM are for EMMC and not for NAND. Is there any way to install this EMMC ROM on NAND ??? I tried to format whole option but still I cant install EMMC rom on NAND.

Somebody please help me to get me out of this boot loop or a way to install EMMC ROM on NAND....

Thanks in advance......

cascio97
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_e View Post
Hi...
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 clone phone. The model details are,

Hardware : MT6572 (MT6589 is Fake!)
Model : GT-I9500
Build number : ALPS.JB3.MP.V1.8
Build date UTC : 20130929-031852
Android v : 4.2.2
Baseband v: MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V4, 2013/08/07 10:44
Kernel v : 3.4.5 (whl@server2) (gcc version 4.6.x-google 20120106 (prerelease) (GCC) ) #1 SMP Sun Sep 29 11:14:49 CST 2013

It was having problem with the internal memory because it always shows incorrect storage details. So I tried to flash it with another ROM and
it ended up with bricking. After a long search in different websites I managed to flash my backup back to the phone. But the phone is still stuck
in the boot loop. Then I tried several other ROMs but SP Flashing tool always shows the ROM is for EMMC and the one I must flash is NAND.
Later I got one NAND rom also but still it is in the boot loop.
All available stock ROM are for EMMC and not for NAND. Is there any way to install this EMMC ROM on NAND ??? I tried to format whole option but still I cant install EMMC rom on NAND.

Somebody please help me to get me out of this boot loop or a way to install EMMC ROM on NAND....

Thanks in advance......
Stupid question: did you try a factory/data reset? Most of times it solves boot-loop problems.
Hey man, press the THANKS btn if I helped!

Devices I have had:

LG Nexus 5 (current, AWESOME)
LG G Flex D958 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9305 (sold)
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 (sold)
Google Nexus 5 D820 (sold)
Google Nexus 4 Mako (sold)
HTC One 801e (sold)
Sony Xperia Z1 C6903 (sold)
iPhone 5s (sold)
LG Optimus 7 E900 (sold)
LG Optimus One P500 (broken)
LG Cookie KP500 (sold)

gugelfive
Old
Thanks Meter 2
well sems like i couldnt post links, just go to needrom.com, find roms by ghiray (the one with deleted chinese roms << this one is nand i try and it works
but i think its for 4,7" phone, look for lcd driver if it match with your phone, sometimes it could be problem too

arun_e
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascio97 View Post
Stupid question: did you try a factory/data reset? Most of times it solves boot-loop problems.
Dude.. Both NAND and EMMC are kinds of Storage, whats the stupidity in that question?
I tried factory/data reset and cache wiping... nothing helped....

But thank god, I found one rom from a Russian site and it works now.....

Thanks for your reply man.....

arun_e
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gugelfive View Post
well sems like i couldnt post links, just go to needrom.com, find roms by ghiray (the one with deleted chinese roms << this one is nand i try and it works
but i think its for 4,7" phone, look for lcd driver if it match with your phone, sometimes it could be problem too
Thanks brother... But I found the suitable rom already...
Yes you are right mine is the 4.7" one.

arun_e
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gugelfive View Post
I cant search in Need rom with "ghiray". Can you give me the exact link? or just mail the link to my email id: arun.krishnakripa@gmail.com

Thanks bro.