Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,954 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WP8 Skype for Lumia 525

Tip us?
 
prescript
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 11
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default [Q] WP8 Skype for Lumia 525

I upgraded the Skype version 2.16.0.266 in Lumia 525 in which they have removed the option to login directly using Skype credentials. They are now forcing users to link Skype account with MS account which sucks. Can someone please provide an older version xap of Skype for WP8, in which we could login directly using Skype credentials without having to link the account with an Microsoft account?
 
myst02
Old
#2  
myst02's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 104
Posts: 153
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by prescript View Post
I upgraded the Skype version 2.16.0.266 in Lumia 525 in which they have removed the option to login directly using Skype credentials. They are now forcing users to link Skype account with MS account which sucks. Can someone please provide an older version xap of Skype for WP8, in which we could login directly using Skype credentials without having to link the account with an Microsoft account?
Hey,

just need to log in at here and your account will be changed to your Microsoft account, then you can log in into app.
Primary: Samsung ATIV S | WP 8.1 | currently stock

Secondary: Lumia 520 RM-915 | GDR3 | Interop unlocked

Bricked : HTC 8X | GDR3 | DevUnlock

Please press thanks if I helped!

That is what I see every day
 
prescript
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 11
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default But WHY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myst02 View Post
Hey,

just need to log in at here and your account will be changed to your Microsoft account, then you can log in into app.
I don't want to do that. I want to use the older version of Skype in which linking was not necessary. If only someone who has not upgraded their Skype can extract and make the xap file available
 
DaviUnic
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 122
Join Date: May 2011
Sorry for asking, but what exactly is the reason behind still needing the Skype login and refusing to link it to your MS account? You need the MS account to use most the phone anyway...
 
prescript
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 11
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default The problem is choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviUnic View Post
Sorry for asking, but what exactly is the reason behind still needing the Skype login and refusing to link it to your MS account? You need the MS account to use most the phone anyway...
Skype PC app permits it, Skype android app permits it. Even the phones that declined to upgrade the WP8 Skype app are permitted to use Skype without linking. So why should I be forced to link?
The Following User Says Thank You to prescript For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pLUSpISTOL
Old
#6  
pLUSpISTOL's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 64
Posts: 381
Join Date: Jan 2009
Try a search online for "Skype XAP windows phone".
 
prescript
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 11
Join Date: Sep 2013
Default Reliability

Quote:
Originally Posted by pLUSpISTOL View Post
Try a search online for "Skype XAP windows phone".
I would prefer to use a link tried by experts here, lest I might get some malware ridden file.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more

WowWee Mip – Android Accessory Review – XDA Developer TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about … more

Stream Your Media Files with the New Version of Droid Sync Manager

Android is a Linux-based operating system, but this fact doesn’t put … more

Old but Gold Internet Browser is a Blast from the Past

A Web browser is one of these applications that we can’t live without. We useit … more