[Q] Backing up Rom with Safestrap when running KitKat

OP chrispyutec

13th March 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tyler, Texas
Thanks Meter: 58

253 posts
More
Anyone know if it's possible to do a backup with safestrap and flash a different KitKat rom? I'm currently on a KitKat rom, but what if I wanted to flash a different KitKat rom and not want to lose my stuff? When I mean lose my stuff, I'm talking about losing my rom setup...not text, logs etc. Basically I'm asking how to backup with safestrap like we did on jellybean since safestrap hasn't been updated to work with KitKat.

If it's possible, could someone share the how to steps?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by chrispyutec; 13th March 2014 at 05:10 PM.
13th March 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 643

522 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispyutec

Anyone know if it's possible to do a backup with safestrap and flash a different KitKat rom? I'm currently on a KitKat rom, but what if I wanted to flash a different KitKat rom and not want to lose my stuff?

If it's possible, could someone share the how to steps.

Thanks in advance.

You can back up texts, call logs, etc. With super backup from playstore. Then make sure pictures are on external sd card. Backup apps with titanium backup.

Then follow guides on installing other rom. Once your up and running reinstall titanium backup, restore apps that you want. Restore logs and texts etc with super backup.

Safe strap backs up the whole rom. So that will do you no good for installing texts and such back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
15th March 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #3  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 357

1,148 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispyutec

Anyone know if it's possible to do a backup with safestrap and flash a different KitKat rom? I'm currently on a KitKat rom, but what if I wanted to flash a different KitKat rom and not want to lose my stuff? When I mean lose my stuff, I'm talking about losing my rom setup...not text, logs etc. Basically I'm asking how to backup with safestrap like we did on jellybean since safestrap hasn't been updated to work with KitKat.

If it's possible, could someone share the how to steps?

Thanks in advance.

You can't do a NANDROID backup at this time. You can use Titanium Backup to backup everything on your phone (app+data, text, call log, etc) If you restore it to a different ROM make sure not to restore system apps because that can cause some conflicts.
15th March 2014, 05:29 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Houma, LA
Thanks Meter: 2,395

4,467 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent

You can't do a NANDROID backup at this time. You can use Titanium Backup to backup everything on your phone (app+data, text, call log, etc) If you restore it to a different ROM make sure not to restore system apps because that can cause some conflicts.

Yes and no... You can't do a full nandroid. But you can use SS to backup all the essentials to get your ROM Back up if you restore it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread