Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,557 Members 46,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [ResurrectionRemixKK] Unable to connect to (some) WiFi Networks

Tip us?
 
ant1fr
Old
#1  
ant1fr's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 27
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Paris
Exclamation [Q] [ResurrectionRemixKK] Unable to connect to (some) WiFi Networks

Hello,

I am running Resurrection Remix v5.0.5-20140309 on my Note 2, upgraded from v5.0.2-20140212.

And since then, it doesn't connect to some WiFi networks like my home WiFi. When I activate WiFi, no automatic connection and when trigerring a manual connection from the WiFi menu, it directly to disabled state and doesn't even try to connect (it seems).
Hoewever, it connects normally to my work WiFi.
Note that my home wifi runs on 2,4GHz, my work wifi on both 2,4 and 5GHz.

Any thoughts ?
Thanks.
.ant1
 
OguzhanVarsak
Old
#2  
OguzhanVarsak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 818
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Balikesir
Go to the /data/misc/wifi/ way with a root file manager and open this text file name as wpa_supplicant.conf . Find your home wifi. Look the text "autojoin=" is 0 or 1. If it 0, change to 1.

Try it, maybe work.
 
ant1fr
Old
#3  
ant1fr's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 27
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by OguzhanVarsak View Post
Go to the /data/misc/wifi/ way with a root file manager and open this text file name as wpa_supplicant.conf . Find your home wifi. Look the text "autojoin=" is 0 or 1. If it 0, change to 1.

Try it, maybe work.
No mention of autojoin in my wpa_applicant.conf file.
However, I don't know how, it happens that when I was editing the file, my device shows the WiFi icon on the header. But it disappeared right after and back to the same situation.

.ant1
 
OguzhanVarsak
Old
#4  
OguzhanVarsak's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 108
Posts: 818
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Balikesir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1fr View Post
No mention of autojoin in my wpa_applicant.conf file.
However, I don't know how, it happens that when I was editing the file, my device shows the WiFi icon on the header. But it disappeared right after and back to the same situation.

.ant1
If delete this file dont worry. Reboot your phone, device is make a file
 
ant1fr
Old
#5  
ant1fr's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 27
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Paris
Quote:
Originally Posted by OguzhanVarsak View Post
If delete this file dont worry. Reboot your phone, device is make a file
Actually it recreates the file from itself without the need of rebooting the phone. And the new file has all my previous known WiFi networks connection details.
But it still doesn't fix anything.

.ant1
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes