[Guide] [Theme] Port Any rom's framework style theme to stock or any ROM
The guide is to port framework styles from a rom to a rom's framework.
Read the »»»»whole thread«««« carefully.
#Hardly 10 minutes (If you not mess up)
#Cool and fresh mind + Environment (For this spread some water over your hair,It will make you cool)
#Knows Apk compiling and decompiling.
Lets come to the main topic without wasting any time.
This is the guide is to port any ROM's framework theme to stock or any ROM but if your ROM is cm based then port cm based ROM's framework or it can give fc's
1) Decompile the two framework
One which you using now and one which you want to port.
2) Give your framework folder name as BASE. And your port framework as PORT.
3) Enter to res/values/
4) Copy styles.xml to your BASE framework in res/ values folder.
5) Do the same thing with other files in values folder except public.xml
6) You need to even copy the drawables from
drawable folders from PORT to BASE.
7) Compile your framework.
8) Check for the errors in apktool or any alternative and fix them one by one.
9) And hence your framework is complete.
The frameworks should (Both PORT and BASE
should be of same android version.
You may need to copy layouts as they are needed
for some styles(if available).
Credits XDA member @san122
For the guide