Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,947 Members 40,826 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Backup for HTC One issue

Tip us?

p1p3rs_s0n
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HTC Backup for HTC One issue

I'm running CyanogenMod 10.2.0-m7ul. I need to restore some apps from HTC Backup for HTC One as I was an idiot and didn't backup with anything else... The issue now is that I cannot download the app from the Play Store because the Play Store essentially doesn't recognise my device as an HTC One. I've searched everywhere for an apk to sideload to no avail. I've tried to flash a stock rom but that didn't work either, my phone just got stuck in a boot loop.

What I was wondering is if anyone has an apk of the HTC Backup for HTC One app or if anyone knows if any other restoration app will be able to restore my apps.

To be honest, any help will be greatly appreciated!

skpManiac
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1p3rs_s0n View Post
I'm running CyanogenMod 10.2.0-m7ul. I need to restore some apps from HTC Backup for HTC One as I was an idiot and didn't backup with anything else... The issue now is that I cannot download the app from the Play Store because the Play Store essentially doesn't recognise my device as an HTC One. I've searched everywhere for an apk to sideload to no avail. I've tried to flash a stock rom but that didn't work either, my phone just got stuck in a boot loop.

What I was wondering is if anyone has an apk of the HTC Backup for HTC One app or if anyone knows if any other restoration app will be able to restore my apps.

To be honest, any help will be greatly appreciated!
I'm having a similar issue - I have installed Venom Rom 4.2 and HTC BACKUP isnt there but according to PLAY Store its installed so cant re-install - found lots of links but none that are valid :/

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skpManiac View Post
I'm having a similar issue - I have installed Venom Rom 4.2 and HTC BACKUP isnt there but according to PLAY Store its installed so cant re-install - found lots of links but none that are valid :/
I have found a backup of it in my Titanium Backup folder

after a reboot and re-authentication, its working

Not sure if I can give the Titanium backup file to someone else and it will work, if so, I will share it if no one posts the APK
The answer is 42!
Share & Enjoy

gtny930
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by skpManiac View Post

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I have found a backup of it in my Titanium Backup folder

after a reboot and re-authentication, its working

Not sure if I can give the Titanium backup file to someone else and it will work, if so, I will share it if no one posts the APK
I was having the same issue, i am running venom rom and I can't access the HTC back up either. Could you upload an apk please?
HTC One Verizon M7

skpManiac
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtny930 View Post
I was having the same issue, i am running venom rom and I can't access the HTC back up either. Could you upload an apk please?
This backup was deleted ages ago I'm afraid, we are now on a new Venom Ron (V5.7.0) and it is working on there

If you have updated and still have the same issue let me know and I will use Titanium backup again and send you the file
The answer is 42!
Share & Enjoy

The Following User Says Thank You to skpManiac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gtny930
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Yes I'm running venom 5.7.0 and I see the app under app manager but, not option still under back up and reset.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
HTC One Verizon M7