Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Korean SHV-E140L rooting

Tip us?

DragonDon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Korean SHV-E140L rooting

Ok, there seems to be very little information regarding rooting this particular model. I am infinitely irked by the stupid Samsung copy/paste bug with the only options to fix are wipe(which I did once and the bug returned), root or return/buy new device.

Wipe I did once. Bug returned. Return? Ugh...that is a severe PITA to do here (went through it once with a bad GT 7"). Rooting is the next...err...'easiest' option. The problem is, there is little information on XDA regarding this particular model. I saw one thread that started but the user never followed up with giving out his partitions info. So here is mine and hopefully some kind soul will help me root this (f)sucker and all will be well and right with the world again. I'm not really looking for extra features(althoughthey would be a nice perk), I just want to fix this copy/paste issue (and maybe the stupid sporadic switch from wifi-to-4G without requiring a reboot).

Partition info:

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=111 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/usb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1, data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1, data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /preload ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 /efs ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1, data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 /tombstones ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1, data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /firmware vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,user_id=1023,group _id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 /system/etc/firmware/misc_mdm vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0

Please let me know if there is any other info needed.
The Following User Says Thank You to DragonDon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Quantra
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonDon View Post
Ok, there seems to be very little information regarding rooting this particular model. I am infinitely irked by the stupid Samsung copy/paste bug with the only options to fix are wipe(which I did once and the bug returned), root or return/buy new device.

Wipe I did once. Bug returned. Return? Ugh...that is a severe PITA to do here (went through it once with a bad GT 7"). Rooting is the next...err...'easiest' option. The problem is, there is little information on XDA regarding this particular model. I saw one thread that started but the user never followed up with giving out his partitions info. So here is mine and hopefully some kind soul will help me root this (f)sucker and all will be well and right with the world again. I'm not really looking for extra features(althoughthey would be a nice perk), I just want to fix this copy/paste issue (and maybe the stupid sporadic switch from wifi-to-4G without requiring a reboot).

Partition info:

rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=111 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/usb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /system ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p28 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1, data=ordered,noauto_da_alloc 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p25 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1, data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /preload ext4 ro,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=0,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 /efs ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1, data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 /tombstones ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_xattr,acl,barrier=1, data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /firmware vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/fuse /mnt/sdcard fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,user_id=1023,group _id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p17 /system/etc/firmware/misc_mdm vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022 ,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=lower,errors=remount-ro 0 0

Please let me know if there is any other info needed.
im not sure if this is going to help you but http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2679066
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quantra For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DragonDon
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Thanks Quantra! That just may come in handy.
The Following User Says Thank You to DragonDon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
8.9, galaxy tab, korea, korean, root