Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,296 Members 53,110 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Thank You] Thank you. You saved me.

Tip us?

Lurker88 68 65
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking [Thank You] Thank you. You saved me.

Hello XDA!

I opened this account to say thank you.

Last week I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S4 (T-Mobile, m919) and began rooting it. The guides I read made no mention of the KNOX issue and I wound up with a soft-bricked phone.

I can't even begin to describe how I felt. I was literally sick to my stomach thinking I had just bricked a brand new phone.

Thanks to the guides and discussions found here on XDA (and a few on other forums, but mostly here) I was able to recover my system to stock and new phone is up and running again. This whole thing has been an emotional roller coaster, but also a learning experience. I feel much more informed now and confident that I have a place to find answers when I have a question.

I owe you all a big thanks.

I opened this account to thank you and be able to click the thank button from now on.

AND, I'll go out on a limb here and say thank you on behalf of thousands, if not millions of other lurkers who have gotten help here and just not taken the time to say thanks.

You guys ROCK. I don't even want to think about what would be happening to me right now had I not found this place.

orangekid
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3008
Cool.

You can give back to the community by helping others who own that phone and run into similar issues in the Q&A forum.
The Following User Says Thank You to orangekid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Your welcome
Always good to hear a happy outcome
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning

maximinus058
Old
Thanks Meter 6
i know the feeling, had the GS4 for 3 days before i soft bricked it.
had no idea that the update that recently came the day before locked the bootloader.
After searching threads here for a bit figured it out and was able to get to stock and "undo" my stupidity.

XDA , its devs and contributors are a priceless resource.

Past devices:
Samsung GS IV (damn boot loader lock killed you.)
Samsung GS II (great phone, died before its time, had a run in with a ceramic floor)
iPhone 4 (don't miss you at all)
iPhone 3 (glad your dead)
Blackberry 8800 (Once on top of the world but now a bottom feeder)