Ask a question

No registration required

Installed a MOD for a wrong phone

OP soldier16

12th March 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

63 posts
Okay, so i was stupid enough not to notice that this is a MOD for S4-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2303360

Anyways, i installed the mod and now my notification bar is gone. Further, I keep getting "unfortunately #ffd7d7d7 has stopped working" every other minute. Also, it is taking very long to boot from power off.
Any solutions that don't involve in me losing my data?

I've tried installing the remove notification bar file from that post, but that didn't help

Thanks
12th March 2014, 06:25 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

63 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier16

Okay, so i was stupid enough not to notice that this is a MOD for S4-http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2303360

Anyways, i installed the mod and now my notification bar is gone. Further, I keep getting "unfortunately #ffd7d7d7 has stopped working" every other minute. Also, it is taking very long to boot from power off.
Any solutions that don't involve in me losing my data?

I've tried installing the remove notification bar file from that post, but that didn't help

Thanks

Okay, I fixed it by installing the newest android update, however, now my phone has become very slow. Any suggestions?
12th March 2014, 06:39 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 19

47 posts
More
Did you do a factory reset after installation?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
12th March 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

63 posts
No, i just installed the new firmware. I dont really want to lose all my data.
Is there a way to back it up that can allow me to restore it easily? Like an app or something which will restore everything- like whatsapp messages etc..
16th March 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier16

No, i just installed the new firmware. I dont really want to lose all my data.
Is there a way to back it up that can allow me to restore it easily? Like an app or something which will restore everything- like whatsapp messages etc..

I assume that your phone is rooted.

Search for titanium backup in play store and backup all your apps. I'm not entirely sure if it will backup your messages and contacts, so I suggest that you use an app called super backup as well.

Try to reinstall your firmware and see if your phone is faster. And make sure you only backups application and not system settings, since those settings might make your phone slow again. I will also suggest that you transfer the backup folder to your computer, just to be on the safe side. Re-download the apps and restore your files after the installation

I'm not sure If this post covered all your questions, so feel free to ask me any questions that you might have
Last edited by mxid; 16th March 2014 at 01:11 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread