Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,851 Members 46,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root: Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.1

Tip us?

Winudert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Prompt Root: Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.1

Hi everyone. Is it good to use Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.1 (http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/) to root Nexus 7 2013 with Android 4.4.2?
In old devices box:
HTC Hero -- Samsung Galaxy S -- HTC Desire S -- Samsung Galaxy Tab -- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus -- Sony Xperia Go (Defected) -- Samsung Galaxy S II -- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 -- Samsung Galaxy Note -- Google Nexus 7 -- LG Optimus 4X HD -- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

Still using:
Nokia Lumia 720 - Windows Phone 8 with Amber
Google Nexus 7 Gen2 - stock Android 4.4.2
LG G2 - stock Android 4.4.2

mdamaged
Old
Thanks Meter 908

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winudert View Post
Hi everyone. Is it good to use Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.1 (http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/) to root Nexus 7 2013 with Android 4.4.2?
It helped me get my feet wet and it works perfectly, but it's a good feeling at some point to learn to do it all manually. But out of all the toolkits, Wug's is probably the best.

You can find his XDA thread here.
Kenneth, what is the frequency? Set a fire for a man, and he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will stay warm for the rest of his life.

Winudert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged View Post
It helped me get my feet wet and it works perfectly, but it's a good feeling at some point to learn to do it all manually. But out of all the toolkits, Wug's is probably the best.

You can find his XDA thread here.
I can do it manually with no problem, I have a lot of Android devices and experience, but I just don't have time to learn new ways, so I'm hoping this toolkit will save my time.
In old devices box:
HTC Hero -- Samsung Galaxy S -- HTC Desire S -- Samsung Galaxy Tab -- Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus -- Sony Xperia Go (Defected) -- Samsung Galaxy S II -- Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 -- Samsung Galaxy Note -- Google Nexus 7 -- LG Optimus 4X HD -- Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

Still using:

oldsoldier2003
Old
Thanks Meter 53

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winudert View Post
I can do it manually with no problem, I have a lot of Android devices and experience, but I just don't have time to learn new ways, so I'm hoping this toolkit will save my time.
Whats new about unlocking the bootloader and installing supersu ? I get the convenience of toolkits, but for an experienced Android power user rootng a Nexus device is probably faster manually than downloading the toolkit
My Devices:
Samsung SCH-R680 (CWM/Stock - /Rooted) Retired
Samsung SCH-R830 (CWM/Stock - /Rooted)
Moto G (Stock/Stock - /Rooted)
Moto G (CWM/Stock - /Rooted)
Nexus 7 2013 (Philztouch/Flo++/Rooted)

Winudert
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier2003 View Post
Whats new about unlocking the bootloader and installing supersu ? I get the convenience of toolkits, but for an experienced Android power user rootng a Nexus device is probably faster manually than downloading the toolkit
I just forgot it, to be honest. I'm not "creator", I'm "user", so I have to remember some steps. Anyway, toolkit worked great and all Nexus devices must have to be with unlocked bootloader. Now 95% of time was used to unlock it and backup my data. Rooting was only 5% of time.
In old devices box:

Still using: