Root: Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.1

OP Winudert

15th March 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 42

301 posts
More
Hi everyone. Is it good to use Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.1 (http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/) to root Nexus 7 2013 with Android 4.4.2?
15th March 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,004

1,563 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winudert

Hi everyone. Is it good to use Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.1 (http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/) to root Nexus 7 2013 with Android 4.4.2?

It helped me get my feet wet and it works perfectly, but it's a good feeling at some point to learn to do it all manually. But out of all the toolkits, Wug's is probably the best.

You can find his XDA thread here.
15th March 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

301 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged

It helped me get my feet wet and it works perfectly, but it's a good feeling at some point to learn to do it all manually. But out of all the toolkits, Wug's is probably the best.

You can find his XDA thread here.

I can do it manually with no problem, I have a lot of Android devices and experience, but I just don't have time to learn new ways, so I'm hoping this toolkit will save my time.
15th March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag Eldorado
Thanks Meter: 53

133 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winudert

I can do it manually with no problem, I have a lot of Android devices and experience, but I just don't have time to learn new ways, so I'm hoping this toolkit will save my time.

Whats new about unlocking the bootloader and installing supersu ? I get the convenience of toolkits, but for an experienced Android power user rootng a Nexus device is probably faster manually than downloading the toolkit
16th March 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag London

301 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsoldier2003

Whats new about unlocking the bootloader and installing supersu ? I get the convenience of toolkits, but for an experienced Android power user rootng a Nexus device is probably faster manually than downloading the toolkit

I just forgot it, to be honest. I'm not "creator", I'm "user", so I have to remember some steps. Anyway, toolkit worked great and all Nexus devices must have to be with unlocked bootloader. Now 95% of time was used to unlock it and backup my data. Rooting was only 5% of time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread