Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Scosche Magic Mount car mount

OP MrWicked1

16th March 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Pablo, Ca
Thanks Meter: 113

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just wanted to throw it out there if you are looking for a good mount that is pretty universal with most cases and you can easily grab and go check out http://www.scosche.com/magicmount I haven't seen it around much. I came across it and thought it looked cool and perfect for me. I have the plate between my phone and Otterbox commuter and it works great. I previously was using the Ibolt device, but my only problem was it took two hands to get it in and out.
16th March 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
More
Just placed my order! I've had some bad experience with the imagnet which is the same concept but it never worked too well with bigger phones especially over speed bumps. Hopefully this one works better. Use the coupon code : "TECHHEAD" to get 20% off which almost covers the shipping cost!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Shooshi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Pablo, Ca

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooshi

Just placed my order! I've had some bad experience with the imagnet which is the same concept but it never worked too well with bigger phones especially over speed bumps. Hopefully this one works better. Use the coupon code : "TECHHEAD" to get 20% off which almost covers the shipping cost!

Well I haven't hit any speed bumps yet but so far so good I used the bigger plate it comes with for my phone. The package comes with two sizes.
17th March 2014, 12:16 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
More
I don't have the commuter anymore but from what I can remember the backside is pretty slippery so I'm glad it's working for you. I want to set this up with my neo hybrid case with the magnet between phone and case. We'll see how that goes... XD

17th March 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Pablo, Ca

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooshi

I don't have the commuter anymore but from what I can remember the backside is pretty slippery so I'm glad it's working for you. I want to set this up with my neo hybrid case with the magnet between phone and case. We'll see how that goes... XD

Yeah its pretty slippery I went down some bumpy roads earlier and it slid off...I then put the plate between the rubber and plastic on my commuter and seems to be better now.
17th March 2014, 02:20 AM   |  #6  
canada
Thanks Meter: 28

130 posts
More
Sucks, it cost me 21$ for shipping cause i'm in canada...
17th March 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Pablo, Ca

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
Damn that does suck

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
17th March 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #8  
canada
Thanks Meter: 28

130 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWicked1

Damn that does suck

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

it seems to be a really good mount, can't believe it cost double the price only for a tiny plastic holder. Anybody buy it for me and i'll pay with paypal the real shipping cost
15th July 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #9  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 0

55 posts
More
Question adhesive in the sun?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWicked1

I just wanted to throw it out there if you are looking for a good mount that is pretty universal with most cases and you can easily grab and go check out http://www.scosche.com/magicmount I haven't seen it around much. I came across it and thought it looked cool and perfect for me. I have the plate between my phone and Otterbox commuter and it works great. I previously was using the Ibolt device, but my only problem was it took two hands to get it in and out.

Any issues with the adhesive losing grip over time in the sun? I'm in southern california, and my dash gets baked quite often. Damn, just realized that the location I want to mount this would make my windshield shade difficult to place.... hmmm...
15th July 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Pablo, Ca

562 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epiclectic

Any issues with the adhesive losing grip over time in the sun? I'm in southern california, and my dash gets baked quite often. Damn, just realized that the location I want to mount this would make my windshield shade difficult to place.... hmmm...

No issues yet I actually just ordered another one for my other vehicle cause its been so good.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread