Clear htc One cache partition
For the benefit of others on stock (unrooted) ROM.
You can wipe htc One cache partition to improve battery life, especially after ROM upgrade.
My One had a lot of wakelocks after KK upgrade from Google Play services.The method below resolves this issue.
- To do this, first ensure Fast Boot is un-checked under Settings > Power.
- Next, power off the phone
- Access the Bootloader menu by holding down the Volume Down button, and pressing Power. Your phone should boot up.
- When you see a white screen with three cartoon Androids, release the buttons.
- You should see a menu (white background)
- Use Volume to highlight "RECOVERY" and tap Power to select.
- Your phone will reboot and display a black screen with a red exclamation mark in a red triangle.
- Press Volume Up and Power. Release once buttons are flashing couple of times.
- You should see another menu. (dark background)
- Highlight and select "Wipe cache partition" (before tapping Power to select, be sure that "Wipe data/factory reset" is NOT highlighted, as this will result in loss of data).
- When the process is complete, highlight and select "Reboot system" to boot the phone into the OS