5,598,980 Members 31,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Zoom lens dust contamination - Solution added!

Tip us?

jack5d
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I accidentally broke the outer lens! the photos are fine now that I have removed the dust, but now the inner lens is prone to fingerprints, dust and other ... where can I find to buy a new external lens?

Kerozin
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So how serious is that lens dust issue? Are those isolated cases or all s4z are affected?

Wanted to get one but decided to check before xda for know issues..

jack5d
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerozin View Post
So how serious is that lens dust issue? Are those isolated cases or all s4z are affected?

Wanted to get one but decided to check before xda for know issues..
This is the third time that I send it in for service, it does not happen to everyone, but it happened to me! I must say that I'm using it without glass for a couple of days, and it goes well anyway!

Grubybdg
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Im using my SGS4 Zoom for over 2 months now and not got any dust in there.. ive got the lte version SM-C105.

Wyslano z mojego Samsung Galaxy S4 ZOOM za pomoca Tapatalk

Dariocervantes
Old
(Last edited by Dariocervantes; 22nd February 2014 at 03:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by genus View Post
Lol..

I successfully remove the plastic cover that protect the lens and now I can clean the dust.
After done cleaning, I can stick back the plastic cover. And also you can replace the tape on cover with removable type adhesive, in case you still need to take off the cover again in future.

To remove this plastic cover, what you need is hair dryer, small rubber suction, air blower (clean dust), and a thin knife / hard plastic sheet (to assist peel off the plastic cover)

1st, what you need to do is heat up the lens cover. (around 60-70degree, you will feel it quite hot to touch, this will soften the plastic cover, I think is pp material)
2nd, suck the cover up using rubber suction.
3rd, remove cover and cleaning, well done.

Attachment 2431665

Attachment 2431666

Attachment 2431667

Hello, sorry for my english but im from Mexico. Is it possible that you show me a video of how to remove the cover because i have tried but i cant remove it.

Thanks

cml18
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by genus View Post
Lol..

I successfully remove the plastic cover that protect the lens and now I can clean the dust.
After done cleaning, I can stick back the plastic cover. And also you can replace the tape on cover with removable type adhesive, in case you still need to take off the cover again in future.

To remove this plastic cover, what you need is hair dryer, small rubber suction, air blower (clean dust), and a thin knife / hard plastic sheet (to assist peel off the plastic cover)

1st, what you need to do is heat up the lens cover. (around 60-70degree, you will feel it quite hot to touch, this will soften the plastic cover, I think is pp material)
2nd, suck the cover up using rubber suction.
3rd, remove cover and cleaning, well done.

Attachment 2431665

Attachment 2431666

Attachment 2431667
Add video please please
The Following User Says Thank You to cml18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dariocervantes
Old
(Last edited by Dariocervantes; 16th March 2014 at 03:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default VIDEO request

Please, we need a video about how to remove the protective plastic lens cover.

Thanks