Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,401 Members 43,660 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is kitkat stable on s5830?

Tip us?

yunior597
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] is kitkat stable on s5830?

i saw this thread...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2659269

i was wondering if it worth installing my girlfriend have s5830 but im looking for a stable and smooth rom... have you tried cm11 on this device and if is slow or laggy?

aurisltu
Old
Thanks Meter 8
IOP its not worth. Once you install it will be running good but once you install 5 or more apps it will become slow.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to aurisltu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Viper The Ripper
Old
(Last edited by Viper The Ripper; 18th March 2014 at 03:37 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 765
Wrong section mate, please read rules before posting...

Use customstock roms or cm7, cm9 or cm10.x... cm11 is still under development
The Following User Says Thank You to Viper The Ripper For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunior597 View Post
i saw this thread...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2659269

i was wondering if it worth installing my girlfriend have s5830 but im looking for a stable and smooth rom... have you tried cm11 on this device and if is slow or laggy?
I completely agree with @aurisltu and @Viper The Ripper. CM 11 KitKat is still under development so its not completely stable. Also installing few apps can make it slow and laggy. But developers are currently working on it to make it stable and smooth. So you can check back in few months. In the mean time, you can go with CM 7.2 roms as they are much more stable and smooth. My personal suggestion,

AOSP GINGERBREAD 2.3.7 for Samsung Galaxy Ace by spacecaker

Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

zim3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
installed cm 11-20131225-experimental-cooper on s5830 using cwm 6
observations
1. camera not working (common problem)
2. cannot flash any file in recovery other thn cm11 or cwm6( working on solution)
3. laggy
4. UI impressive

mahithm
Old
(Last edited by mahithm; 11th April 2014 at 07:12 PM.)
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim3 View Post
installed cm 11-20131225-experimental-cooper on s5830 using cwm 6
observations
1. camera not working (common problem)
2. cannot flash any file in recovery other thn cm11 or cwm6( working on solution)
3. laggy
4. UI impressive
There are also other versions of CM11 for Galaxy Ace that are flashable through CWM5. This way you can flash anything else you want with CWM5. Here is the link,

Kitkat For All

Hope I Helped
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zim3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy emergency

about to cry
s5830. cwm6. cynogenmod11
I was facing a problem using cwm6 to flash files into my phone so experimented and replaced the cwm6 recovery image with the cwn5 recovery image using terminal emulator but when I tried to test the the experiment out I found tht my phone will neither boot nor does it boot into recovery mode it just mockingly displays the samsung logo. please help me unbrick my phone solutions will be greatly appreciated
NB. please post working links for the required downloads for fixs

mahithm
Old
Thanks Meter 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim3 View Post
about to cry
s5830. cwm6. cynogenmod11
I was facing a problem using cwm6 to flash files into my phone so experimented and replaced the cwm6 recovery image with the cwn5 recovery image using terminal emulator but when I tried to test the the experiment out I found tht my phone will neither boot nor does it boot into recovery mode it just mockingly displays the samsung logo. please help me unbrick my phone solutions will be greatly appreciated
NB. please post working links for the required downloads for fixs
Can you boot into the Download Mode? To boot into the Download Mode, hold Vol Down+ Home+ Power button until you see the yellow "Downloading..." text on the screen. If you can go to Download Mode, then you can solve the problem by reinstalling the stock rom using odin. Here is the link on how to install stock rom using odin. Go to "Preparations" section to download all the necessary files including drivers.

Flash stock rom on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 using odin

Once installed, go to recoverymod and do a wipe data/ factory reset & wipe cache (otherwise bootloop might occur). Then restart. Now you have successfully flashed the stock rom. Here is the link for rooting and installing CWM 5 on Samsung Galaxy Ace,

How To Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Ace?

CWM 5.0.2.6 fix for Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830

If you can't enter the Download Mode normally, @SuperMini has provided us with a rather simple guide on how to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace. Go through the entire thread and you will get to know all the possible solutions. Here is the link,

How to unbrick Samsung Galaxy Ace

Do post the results. Hope I Helped
The Following User Says Thank You to mahithm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zim3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thnx guys will post results soon

zim3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
tried out the solution but i am stuck @ setup connection what should i do