Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,846 Members 51,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Ebay Verizon HTC One warranty issue

Tip us?

anderssonyang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Ebay Verizon HTC One warranty issue

I got a Verizon HTC One by auction from ebay and the seller claimed it is brand new.Everything looks like it is new but there is a defect on the screen.Looks like a purple blemish and it doesn't seem like a dead pixel or something since I can see the defect even when the phone is powered off.The seller said he got it from craigslist and I contact Verizon and HTC and looks like they only take care of the phones sold by them.Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

TheUnknownThing
Old
Thanks Meter 135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anderssonyang View Post
I got a Verizon HTC One by auction from ebay and the seller claimed it is brand new.Everything looks like it is new but there is a defect on the screen.Looks like a purple blemish and it doesn't seem like a dead pixel or something since I can see the defect even when the phone is powered off.The seller said he got it from craigslist and I contact Verizon and HTC and looks like they only take care of the phones sold by them.Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Interesting, it could be the digitzer which is giving the purple colour. Could you perhaps post a picture of your HTC one (showing the screen)
Also I found an article that *may* be related to your problem.. Link
Device: Sony Xperia SP
Rom: CM11 Official + Root + Bootloader Unlocked
Pressing the " " is the only good type of spam

anderssonyang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownThing View Post
Interesting, it could be the digitzer which is giving the purple colour. Could you perhaps post a picture of your HTC one (showing the screen)
Also I found an article that *may* be related to your problem.. Link
As the picture shown.It's more obvious when you look at the screen.I guess it should some kind of manufacturing defect since I can see a spot even when the screen is off.It should have nothing to do with the camera I guess.Thanks for the information though
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010686.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	2633205