Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Current eMMC firm version Error

Tip us?
 
checkpoint_sagun
Old
#1  
checkpoint_sagun's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 45
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kathmandu
Exclamation [Q] Current eMMC firm version Error


I've just updated my Samsung Galaxy Grand to 4.2.2 and since then I've been experiencing hell Lotta troubles
1. My device cant access recovery mode it shows "No Command" error.
2. My device wont allow me to root or install any other custom recovery mode like CWM.
3. My device is not able clear cache, user or install any zip from SD card.
4. The most terrible problem is that it wont take any updates from ODIN either, Whenever I try to install or update anything the process is completed but no changes would be done to the system or firmware inside the device.
5. Which means I cannot install any custom ROM's either
And additionally it shows this info when my device is booted in download mode



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
! Current eMMC firm version
! [VHX_21nm_3bitMLC_8GB_p10]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Here are the details of my device
Device name: GT-I9082
Model number: GT-I9082
Android version: 4.2.2
Baseband version: I9082DDUBNB1
Kernel version:
3.0.31-1329016
se.infra@R0301-06 #1
Thu Feb 6 22:07:33 KST 2014
Build number:
JDQ39.19082XXUBNB2

P.S. Any help will be appreciated
 
DMJoh
Old
#2  
DMJoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 444
Posts: 387
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Port of Kochi
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkpoint_sagun View Post

I've just updated my Samsung Galaxy Grand to 4.2.2 and since then I've been experiencing hell Lotta troubles
1. My device cant access recovery mode it shows "No Command" error.
2. My device wont allow me to root or install any other custom recovery mode like CWM.
3. My device is not able clear cache, user or install any zip from SD card.
4. The most terrible problem is that it wont take any updates from ODIN either, Whenever I try to install or update anything the process is completed but no changes would be done to the system or firmware inside the device.
5. Which means I cannot install any custom ROM's either
And additionally it shows this info when my device is booted in download mode



!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
! Current eMMC firm version
! [VHX_21nm_3bitMLC_8GB_p10]
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





Here are the details of my device
Device name: GT-I9082
Model number: GT-I9082
Android version: 4.2.2
Baseband version: I9082DDUBNB1
Kernel version:
3.0.31-1329016
se.infra@R0301-06 #1
Thu Feb 6 22:07:33 KST 2014
Build number:
JDQ39.19082XXUBNB2

P.S. Any help will be appreciated
First of all what you see is not an error. It is just a notice showing the current version of eMMC. DON'T CARE. It came up with the latest update.

Search in the forums and you can find solutions to fix recovery. You can get something like fix recovery. But do a decent research about it.

See whether you can flash with an older version of official stock firmware. Preferably 4.1.2.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following User Says Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
checkpoint_sagun
Old
#3  
checkpoint_sagun's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 45
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Kathmandu
Default Odin wont make any difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh View Post
First of all what you see is not an error. It is just a notice showing the current version of eMMC. DON'T CARE. It came up with the latest update.

Search in the forums and you can find solutions to fix recovery. You can get something like fix recovery. But do a decent research about it.

See whether you can flash with an older version of official stock firmware. Preferably 4.1.2.

Well, I've tried every possible way to get rid of the "No command error" (not to mention my downloads folder is full with more than 20's of those zip files I've downloaded...)
The point is any changes applied via Odin wont makes any effect on the device... neither it'll take any update from recovery menu due to no command error...
I had tried downgrading my devices using Odin and ended up with no luck (everything was just the same as before even after modifying every pit, boot and other files) any idea what might've caused the problem???
 
DMJoh
Old
#4  
DMJoh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 444
Posts: 387
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Port of Kochi
No idea of what happened. But i guess this is not a problem to you only. It happens to others also. A few are successful after changing the odin version to 1.85. But i dont think that is an option.. Just search in forums.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
 
akiratoriyama
Old
#5  
akiratoriyama's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 741
Posts: 1,605
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Flash 4.1.2 and then flash 4.2.2 (I9082XXUBMK3 preferably) again

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance. By Chainfire
 
darryl1234
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 4
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiratoriyama View Post
Flash 4.1.2 and then flash 4.2.2 (I9082XXUBMK3 preferably) again

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
To Flash 4.1.2 we still need odin which always fails
 
akiratoriyama
Old
#7  
akiratoriyama's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 741
Posts: 1,605
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Mumbai

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl1234 View Post
To Flash 4.1.2 we still need odin which always fails
Odin fails ?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
However, if you put any trust in Quadrant scores you could use them to prove that dancing naked for 5 minutes in your garden affects device performance. By Chainfire

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Wear App Review: EchoWear Song Search – XDA Developer TV

Yesterday on XDA Developer TV, Producer AdamOutler tore down a Samsung … more

Blast Those Flags with Knock the Flags

Lately, we have seen a rather drastic shift in the world of mobile device gaming. The infamous Angry … more

Hide Numbers on Your SMS and Call Logs with Reflection

How many times have you given your device to someone else in order to show them a … more