5,598,718 Members 37,931 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Theme] [CM11] [Update 28 Feb] Bring back some Holo Blue

Tip us?

hypophysis
Old
(Last edited by hypophysis; 14th February 2014 at 05:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link2811 View Post
Hey ! Thank you for this amazing theme ! But I have a few questions

-Why is there an alert message saying my phone resolution isn't compatible with this theme ? (with Nexus 5)
I have no idea. This alert message is also popping up when installing other themes.

Quote:
-Are you planning to do a "Bring back full holo blue" ? In jelly bean, the light when we "overscrolled" (I don't know how to say it) was blue, but now, with Kitkat,, it's white... I know there are many other things, but I can't remember what...
Maybe, when I have time and leisure. But what is full holo blue? They reduced it on every iteration since ICS.

Quote:
-And, the "3G, H+, etc..." icon next to the signal bars was white in JB, and you make it blue
No, they were not. They were white when you activated GSM/UMTS data connection. When the phone established a connection to the Google servers they also turned blue. Google removed the color change in KatKat on the system status icons and kept it only in the quicksettings (remember: ugly pale orange -> white).

Link2811
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypophysis View Post
I have no idea. This alert message is also popping up when installing other themes.

Maybe, when I have time and leisure. But what is full holo blue? They reduced it on every iteration since ICS.

No, they were not. They were white when you activated GSM/UMTS data connection. When the phone established a connection to the Google servers they also turned blue. Google removed the color change in KatKat on the system status icons and kept it only in the quicksettings (remember: ugly pale orange -> white).

- Ok, it's the first theme I use.

- It's just a way to say a new theme with more Holo blue element than the "More Holo Blue" theme

- Definitely not, I got an "old" Nexus 4 4.3 with me, and yes, the signal bars are blue, but E, 3G, H+.. logo is always white !

hypophysis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Definitely not, I got an "old" Nexus 4 4.3 with me, and yes, the signal bars are blue, but E, 3G, H+.. logo is always white !
Interesting. On my Nexus 7 2013 LTE they do turn blue on JB 4.3 stock and CM10.2.

By the way: I'm glad you like my theme and I didn't want to offend you

Link2811
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Quote:
Interesting. On my Nexus 7 2013 LTE they do turn blue on JB 4.3 stock and CM10.2.

By the way: I'm glad you like my theme and I didn't want to offend you

No problem, man !

We are facing a strange problem Look here, on a Nexus 4 ht tp://m.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Google-Nexus-4-Review-screenshot-home-screen.jpg (I cannot post link because i'm a "new" member, just remove the space)

The only reason I see is that LTE logo turned blue, but not the 2G/3G logos.

hypophysis
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Are you planning to do a "Bring back full holo blue" ? In jelly bean, the light when we "overscrolled" (I don't know how to say it) was blue, but now, with Kitkat, it's white...
There you go.
I added "Plus" versions that also revert the overscroll glow back to JB style.

Link2811
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
There you go.
I added "Plus" versions that also revert the overscroll glow back to JB style.
Yes ! Thank you, I installed it, it's perfect !

Just, for your information, I had an "error" when I installed it, saying that the theme wasn't compiled correctly, but anyway, it works

hypophysis
Old
(Last edited by hypophysis; 14th March 2014 at 01:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 104
You also don't like the grayish and red look of the deskclock? Check out this mod I made: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=51067709
Originally posted in the Nexus 7 2013 forums, but should work on all Devices running Android 4.2 and up.

dmo580
Old
Thanks Meter 515
Excellent theme! I'm glad I found this. My only request is if you have a way to change the blue to a green.. the same green from GB
LG Nexus 4 | CyanKang based on CM 10.2 Nightlies
Google Nexus 10 | CM 10.2 Nightlies
Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 | CM 10.2 Nightlies
HP TouchPad | CM 9 Nightly 12032012
Nexus S i9020a | CM 10.2 Nightlies
Motorola Milestone | CM 7.2 (16.06.2012)

Battery Testing - Non-BS, Non-Subjective Testing