No registration required

[Q] [Rooting-Help] GT-N7105

OP Dylanaw

14th March 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Hello there,
I'm new to this forum, also i'm totally new to 'rooting'.

I want to root my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7105, 4.3 jelly)

I've searched around the web for quite some time now. I've read http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1933542, but i still have a question about it.

My phone:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G
Modelnummer: GT-7105
Android-version 4.3
Baseband-version N7105XXUEMK2

In the topic of Chainfire's post of the CF-Auto-Root says GT-7105 is suitable for the CF-Auto-Root. But i'm still unsure about the Baseband-version, does the baseband-version matter?, if not is my phone then suitable for the CF-Auto Root?

(Why am i unsure about the Baseband-version; well that is because if i search on the web "GT-N7105 how to root", i find many with different baseband-versions so thats why it made me make this thread, sorry if it was a totaly useless thread and if the answer was 100% clear. But i kinda wanted to be sure before i start following the steps of CF-Auto-Root)

Hope any of you can help me with that question.
14th March 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Bump
14th March 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #3  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 7

34 posts
Donate to Me
I think baseband version doesn't matter, but CF-auto root won't work anyway as there's Knox and it will block the superuser app.
Best if You change kernel (with CWM) and flash some knox free ROM.[COLOR="Silver"]
Last edited by dzejju; 14th March 2014 at 09:50 PM.
14th March 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #4  
Flag Rugby
Thanks Meter: 3

62 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylanaw

Hello there,
I'm new to this forum, also i'm totally new to 'rooting'.

I want to root my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7105, 4.3 jelly)

I've searched around the web for quite some time now. I've read http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1933542, but i still have a question about it.

My phone:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 4G
Modelnummer: GT-7105
Android-version 4.3
Baseband-version N7105XXUEMK2

In the topic of Chainfire's post of the CF-Auto-Root says GT-7105 is suitable for the CF-Auto-Root. But i'm still unsure about the Baseband-version, does the baseband-version matter?, if not is my phone then suitable for the CF-Auto Root?

(Why am i unsure about the Baseband-version; well that is because if i search on the web "GT-N7105 how to root", i find many with different baseband-versions so thats why it made me make this thread, sorry if it was a totaly useless thread and if the answer was 100% clear. But i kinda wanted to be sure before i start following the steps of CF-Auto-Root)

Hope any of you can help me with that question.

Dylanaw,

If it helps, I flashed my GT-7105 a number of times this week to overcome an issue with my email and a poxy security feature (in the loosest of terms). Whilst I have zero affinity to one ROM or another I have eventually settled on the OMNI 4.4 ROM that you will find on the front page of the GT-7105 development page. Why? Easy really, as it is the clearest ROM in terms of steps to take and what to do especially for newbs. So, if you really want to install a custom ROM then this is a good one to start with! Regards the baseband question, on this ROM my machine is displaying a baseband-version of N7105XXUMJ9.

I hope this helps.

WB
16th March 2014, 03:14 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Thank you for your answers,

Does every note II got Knox?
16th March 2014, 10:31 AM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 7

34 posts