Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to know if a new official firmware is released

Tip us?

easlei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] How to know if a new official firmware is released

Hi,
I'm kind of lost right now, there's an update 14.2.A.1.136, that started rolling out in 30/01/2014, but until now my phone still on 14.2.A.0.290.
I just want to know if there's a way to test if an update is available in my country or not.

Second question is, if i root my phone, i can have the official updates ?

-Happy Feet-
Old
Thanks Meter 105

DONATE TO ME
Try it with the PC Companion

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
Device: Sony Xperia Z1 with iHackers 3.0 ROM

my private Blog http://smartdroidblog.de

Join the HTC One X Community on Google Plus https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...24804552147334

easlei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well, that was an obvious answer, that's the main problem, pc companion doesn't show that i can update, i tried sony update service, but nothing.

It wasn't my question, i asked about the availability of the update in my country.

Lord Takyon
Old
Thanks Meter 185
You didn't say where you are for starters mate.

Just use flashtool.

Sent from my Z1 via transwarp conduit.

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by easlei View Post
Well, that was an obvious answer, that's the main problem, pc companion doesn't show that i can update, i tried sony update service, but nothing.

It wasn't my question, i asked about the availability of the update in my country.
It was an obvious answer because it the correct answer. If PCCompanion does not give you an update then your country/carrier has not received the update yet.

"How to know if a new official firmware is released?" The answer is, you see it on PCCompanion.

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

augie7107
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Not always. Try PC companion, SUS and ota. I have run into instances where PC companion shows nothing but SUS updates the device.

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cippi21
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Look for a windows program called xperia update checker a dev on xda created it just Google it you should find it pretty quick...it checks if the update is available for your carrier it will save you checking Pc companion and the rest

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

easlei
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cippi21 View Post
Look for a windows program called xperia update checker a dev on xda created it just Google it you should find it pretty quick...it checks if the update is available for your carrier it will save you checking Pc companion and the rest

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Many many thanks !!!! this is the answer i wanted, btw, no carrier here (Morocco) has the Xperia Z1, a friend of mine bough it, all i remember is that it had a lot of vodafone stuff in it, but it did updates until the 14.2.A.0.290, so i guess it's related to its origin country.