Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to know if a new official firmware is released

OP easlei

16th March 2014, 10:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi,
I'm kind of lost right now, there's an update 14.2.A.1.136, that started rolling out in 30/01/2014, but until now my phone still on 14.2.A.0.290.
I just want to know if there's a way to test if an update is available in my country or not.

Second question is, if i root my phone, i can have the official updates ?
16th March 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #2  
Flag Bad Soden-Salmünster/Hessen
Thanks Meter: 106

830 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try it with the PC Companion

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
16th March 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Well, that was an obvious answer, that's the main problem, pc companion doesn't show that i can update, i tried sony update service, but nothing.

It wasn't my question, i asked about the availability of the update in my country.
16th March 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 186

1,443 posts
You didn't say where you are for starters mate.

Just use flashtool.

Sent from my Z1 via transwarp conduit.
16th March 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,529

9,989 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by easlei

Well, that was an obvious answer, that's the main problem, pc companion doesn't show that i can update, i tried sony update service, but nothing.

It wasn't my question, i asked about the availability of the update in my country.

It was an obvious answer because it the correct answer. If PCCompanion does not give you an update then your country/carrier has not received the update yet.

"How to know if a new official firmware is released?" The answer is, you see it on PCCompanion.
17th March 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #6  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 188

1,561 posts
More
Not always. Try PC companion, SUS and ota. I have run into instances where PC companion shows nothing but SUS updates the device.

Sent from my C6906 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th March 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #7  
Flag mullingar
Thanks Meter: 81

372 posts
More
Look for a windows program called xperia update checker a dev on xda created it just Google it you should find it pretty quick...it checks if the update is available for your carrier it will save you checking Pc companion and the rest

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
19th March 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cippi21

Look for a windows program called xperia update checker a dev on xda created it just Google it you should find it pretty quick...it checks if the update is available for your carrier it will save you checking Pc companion and the rest

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Many many thanks !!!! this is the answer i wanted, btw, no carrier here (Morocco) has the Xperia Z1, a friend of mine bough it, all i remember is that it had a lot of vodafone stuff in it, but it did updates until the 14.2.A.0.290, so i guess it's related to its origin country.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread