Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,952 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My review of the Xperia Z2 Tablet

Tip us?

ajaffarali
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default My review of the Xperia Z2 Tablet

I've put together a review with a video comparing it to the Apple iPad Air. Hope you guys like it.

http://tbreak.ae/reviews/sony-xperia-z2-tablet-review

Let me know if there is anything else you want me to test.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ajaffarali For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jlariviere
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaffarali View Post
I've put together a review with a video comparing it to the Apple iPad Air. Hope you guys like it.

http://tbreak.ae/reviews/sony-xperia-z2-tablet-review

Let me know if there is anything else you want me to test.
Thanks! It looks awesome!
If you wanted to do an addendum, is the 3-4 days an expected, or a real-life experience? How does battery life hold up to the expected life when you're doing email, videos, games, etc?

Thanks!

I'm really hurting that the latest news I'm seeing is that it will not be released at all in the USA.
Jeremie

ajaffarali
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Battery life is my only "concern" as it is noticeably lower than my iPad. That being said, you can still get 2-3 days of standard usage but I think standby battery performance needs to be better. Hopefully Sony will work on it with the firmware that is released.

kiezpirat80
Old
Thanks Meter 0
iPad Air has 8.827 mAh battery vs 6000mAh from z2 tablet, i don't think a firmware update will help alot.

gizmothemighty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Pencil input?

Hi can you kindly check if the tablet recognize a pencil as input? like how it is possible with the Xperia Z Ultra.
Apparently XperiaBlog is claiming that both Z2 and Tablet Z2 have the same high sensitivity screen as the Ultra and can register input from gloves and styluses/pencils.
Thanks!

HarpingOn
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiezpirat80 View Post
iPad Air has 8.827 mAh battery vs 6000mAh from z2 tablet, i don't think a firmware update will help alot.
I have my device on charge each night, so long as it lasts a day then ... more is not necessary for me

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

hasenbein1966
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Battery life is my only "concern" as it is noticeably lower than my iPad. That being said, you can still get 2-3 days of standard usage but I think standby battery performance needs to be better. Hopefully Sony will work on it with the firmware that is released.
Regarding standby battery performance most probably is the same as ever: Out of the box it will be rather bad because too many background services and useless Sony apps are active. Deactivate the Sony BS, let only the really necessary background apps run - standby battery usage will be excellent.

ajaffarali
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein1966 View Post
Regarding standby battery performance most probably is the same as ever: Out of the box it will be rather bad because too many background services and useless Sony apps are active. Deactivate the Sony BS, let only the really necessary background apps run - standby battery usage will be excellent.
So with LTE on, battery drain is a lot quicker than with Wi-Fi.

ajaffarali
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmothemighty View Post
Hi can you kindly check if the tablet recognize a pencil as input? like how it is possible with the Xperia Z Ultra.
Apparently XperiaBlog is claiming that both Z2 and Tablet Z2 have the same high sensitivity screen as the Ultra and can register input from gloves and styluses/pencils.
Thanks!
I'll try this out today. Just use a normal pencil? As I dont have a stylus.

SWFlyerUK
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
I'll try this out today. Just use a normal pencil? As I dont have a stylus.
Yes, could you see if it has the same input technology as the Z Ultra please?

i.e, pens, pencils, knifes, forks etc etc

Tags
xperia, z2 tablet