XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Touchwiz Homescreen Rotate / Ultimate Rotation

Tip us?

rosedog
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Question [Q] Touchwiz Homescreen Rotate / Ultimate Rotation

Got my N3 last night started loading up my apps that I've used on my N and N2 and I'm running into a problem with "Ultimate Rotation". When I used that on my N and N2 it works great. However on the N3 it will rotate the homescreen in landscape mode but it seems to be forcing the all the icons and widgets into a defined portrait mode within the landscape mode, making it impossible to see all of my icons and widgets on the screen.

Again, this works perfect on the N2 and everything spreads out evenly, not so much on the N3.

Anyone else have this problem? How did you resolve it? I could go back to GoLauncher but I really liked this app.

rosedog
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
147 views and nothing?

mha1021
Old
(Last edited by mha1021; 9th January 2014 at 05:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Maybe you had a modified touchwiz launcher in your Note2 that worked in landscape Because I had Note 2 and S4 whenever i force rotate the launcher, the bottom column of icons would disappear and the same thing happens with Note 3. S3 and note 1 worked fine in landscape.
i use Nova Launcher for landscape mode, whenever i connect my phone to TV or my Pioneer Appradio3.
Nokia N Series, IPHONE 1 - 4
Dell Streak5
Galaxy Note N7000
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Note I717
Galaxy Note 2 T889
Galaxy S4 M919
Galaxy NOTE 3 M900A

rosedog
Old
(Last edited by rosedog; 13th January 2014 at 06:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mha1021 View Post
Maybe you had a modified touchwiz launcher in your Note2 that worked in landscape Because I had Note 2 and S4 whenever i force rotate the launcher, the bottom column of icons would disappear and the same thing happens with Note 3. S3 and note 1 worked fine in landscape.
i use Nova Launcher for landscape mode, whenever i connect my phone to TV or my Pioneer Appradio3.
Nope, nothing modified just stock Touchwiz Launcher. I already know that when using Ultimate Rotate my apps in the app drawer (on the bottom row) get cut off. However that is not my issue, its the stock launcher.

Note 2 (stock)

Note 3 (stock)

As you can see the Note 3 is drastically different. I would like to get it to look like the note 2 per the TouchWiz launcher.

zmore
Old
Thanks Meter 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedog View Post
147 views and nothing?
FWIW, I use a very similar app called Rotation Lock Adaptive, and it works just fine on my Note 3. I primarily use the Forced Auto mode (when using my phone upside down while charging), and Forced Landscape (when using my phone in bed lying on my side), and Nova Launcher is fine with them all. Some apps, however, will look funky or crash if it can't handle a forced orientation.
Primary Phone: Note3 (SM-N900T); ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4.*); kernel: Stock @ 2.3GHz; misc: Incipio DualPro; 64GB class10 microSDXC
Primary Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012); ROM: CM11
Working museum piece: SGS1 Captivate (SGH-i897); ROM: CM11; kernel: Stock @ 1.0GHz
(Other devices: Nexus 10 (stock); Retired devices: SGS3 (SGH-i747), Kindle Fire (otter), OG Galaxy Tab 7, ...)

rosedog
Old
(Last edited by rosedog; 16th January 2014 at 06:09 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmore View Post
FWIW, I use a very similar app called Rotation Lock Adaptive, and it works just fine on my Note 3. I primarily use the Forced Auto mode (when using my phone upside down while charging), and Forced Landscape (when using my phone in bed lying on my side), and Nova Launcher is fine with them all. Some apps, however, will look funky or crash if it can't handle a forced orientation.
Do you use that in in conjunction with only Nova? I just downloaded it and put TouchWiz back to default and it still looks like my stock TW picture(s) above (for the Note 3).

On your Note 3 with this app and TW as the launcher, can you get it to look like my Note 2 pics that are posted?

zmore
Old
Thanks Meter 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosedog View Post
Do you use that in in conjunction with only Nova? I just downloaded it and put TouchWiz back to default and it still looks like my stock TW picture(s) above (for the Note 3).

On your Note 3 with this app and TW as the launcher, can you get it to look like my Note 2 pics that are posted?
I only ever use Nova, and sorry... I can no longer test on TW, since the first Cyanogenmod11 nightly for Note 3 was released tonight, and there's no going back ...
Primary Phone: Note3 (SM-N900T); ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (KitKat 4.4.*); kernel: Stock @ 2.3GHz; misc: Incipio DualPro; 64GB class10 microSDXC
Primary Tablet: Nexus 7 (2012); ROM: CM11
Working museum piece: SGS1 Captivate (SGH-i897); ROM: CM11; kernel: Stock @ 1.0GHz
(Other devices: Nexus 10 (stock); Retired devices: SGS3 (SGH-i747), Kindle Fire (otter), OG Galaxy Tab 7, ...)

Ahmads001
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default lock screen rotation on galaxy note 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmore View Post
I only ever use Nova, and sorry... I can no longer test on TW, since the first Cyanogenmod11 nightly for Note 3 was released tonight, and there's no going back ...
hi guys!
this sure is no joke. some1's got to come up with something.
for some strange reasons i kind of like the stock launcher on the gn3! (trust me, ive bought and used most other popular launchers - from the over-animated like nova, to the abandoned like spb).
i use a rooted note3 (n9005), an excellent machine, but would love to be ablle to do more from a landscape home/lockscreen...
any help is appreciated

thanks, anyone, in advance