[ROM][4.4.2][OFFICIAL]LiquidSmooth v3.0 Beta - D800 - 3|31|14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ossito2012

Jan 26, 2012
Rogers Park
Well, I flashed the furnace and kept getting android.process popups, I then flashed the dr87.

It worked great, insane speed and almost everything worked as it should, but once again another kitkat ROM falls short, where you ask, take a guess, f'n Bluetooth, just turning it on was buggy, but once in car trying to connect, full bt fail, smh, back to perfection with flex. Does anyone have an explanation why bt is do difficult to make work.

I will add that if I had no need for BT I would definitely rock this for daily driver, it was just fast.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Little Bigboy

Oct 9, 2011
Orlando, Fl
unfortunately i'm having very low , i mean realy low in call volume . everything else seems to be working, didnt get to test bluetooth out yet. Im still running it and will give it 24 - 48 hours to make any solid statements

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
unfortunately i'm having very low , i mean realy low in call volume . everything else seems to be working, didnt get to test bluetooth out yet. Im still running it and will give it 24 - 48 hours to make any solid statements

For an immediate fix you can use a file browser and go to /system/etc and edit mixer_paths.xml search for <ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="60" /> change 60 to 70 and that was what the value was set to. Otherwise it will fixed in the next build.

Reactions: Little Bigboy

Ortanon

May 30, 2013
Well, I flashed the furnace and kept getting android.process popups, I then flashed the dr87.

It worked great, insane speed and almost everything worked as it should, but once again another kitkat ROM falls short, where you ask, take a guess, f'n Bluetooth, just turning it on was buggy, but once in car trying to connect, full bt fail, smh, back to perfection with flex. Does anyone have an explanation why bt is do difficult to make work.

I will add that if I had no need for BT I would definitely rock this for daily driver, it was just fast.

I'm using the Furnace version and I only got the android.process popup once at setup. Nothing else after several hours of use and reboots.

The Bluetooth is working for me, too.

To be honest, the firmware is amazing. All the features I wanted, even if it is only 99% stable. But what's with this goofy-looking white Recents tool? Where's the Kill All button? Where's the option to use the default AOSP Recents?

There are some other things I'd like, but the Recents thing is the one that stands out by far.

Reactions: ossito2012

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
I'm using the Furnace version and I only got the android.process popup once at setup. Nothing else after several hours of use and reboots.

The Bluetooth is working for me, too.

To be honest, the firmware is amazing. All the features I wanted, even if it is only 99% stable. But what's with this goofy-looking white Recents tool? Where's the Kill All button? Where's the option to use the default AOSP Recents?

There are some other things I'd like, but the Recents thing is the one that stands out by far.

That is Slim's new Recents, there is no way to switch to AOSP at this time. To kill all you simply have to pinch in the Recents menu, personally I think this looks light years better than AOSP as it uses the card design and you can show or hide the previous apps.

Ortanon

May 30, 2013
That is Slim's new Recents, there is no way to switch to AOSP at this time. To kill all you simply have to pinch in the Recents menu, personally I think this looks light years better than AOSP as it uses the card design and you can show or hide the previous apps.
Its heart seems to be in the right place, but it causes more problems than it solves.

- Changing Kill All from a button to a multi-finger gesture changes it from a one-handed operation to a two-handed operation. And for no reason.

- The 'card design' would work if it was a full-screen app like Google Now (or Google's Recent Apps). As it is, it comes off an an ugly mashup of the launcher's design, the Slim's Recents design, and those little circular collapse buttons on each task which really don't match the 'card' theme at all (or work well lol, being such tiny targets).

- Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Google's Recent Apps closes the app you're in if you "kill" it from Recent Apps. Slim's doesn't do that. It hides the app from Recents if you're in the app. It doesn't even close the app you're in if you do the "kill all" pinch. This doesn't seem like a good idea.

Don't get me wrong: I love this firmware. I don't imagine that I'll be switching from it, either. Just stating my opinion. =p

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
Its heart seems to be in the right place, but it causes more problems than it solves.

- Changing Kill All from a button to a multi-finger gesture changes it from a one-handed operation to a two-handed operation. And for no reason.

- The 'card design' would work if it was a full-screen app like Google Now (or Google's Recent Apps). As it is, it comes off an an ugly mashup of the launcher's design, the Slim's Recents design, and those little circular collapse buttons on each task which really don't match the 'card' theme at all (or work well lol, being such tiny targets).

- Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, Google's Recent Apps closes the app you're in if you "kill" it from Recent Apps. Slim's doesn't do that. It hides the app from Recents if you're in the app. It doesn't even close the app you're in if you do the "kill all" pinch. This doesn't seem like a good idea.

Don't get me wrong: I love this firmware. I don't imagine that I'll be switching from it, either. Just stating my opinion. =p

No worries, I took it as that and nothing else. I mis-spoke when I said kill, I should have said clear recently used apps from the list. Slim's thought is that kill all is a placebo effect so they removed that.

From what I understand the Recents a lot of people hated from AOSB will be the other choice so you can also use Multi-window.

ossito2012

Jan 26, 2012
Rogers Park
oh snap, i went back and flashed the rom with furnace and we might have a winner here in the CM/AOSP kitkat wars, everything running nice right now, bt connected in car, phone call too, will report back if any problems, but so far so liquid, good work

Edit: oh well it was a good run while it lasted, Bluetooth went south on me again, if I didn't have new car with all kinds of Bluetooth enabled toys I would not even care. All good though I got nothing but time. ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Reginald476

MoDat

Sep 28, 2012
oh snap, i went back and flashed the rom with furnace and we might have a winner here in the CM/AOSP kitkat wars, everything running nice right now, bt connected in car, phone call too, will report back if any problems, but so far so liquid, good work

Edit: oh well it was a good run while it lasted, Bluetooth went south on me again, if I didn't have new car with all kinds of Bluetooth enabled toys I would not even care. All good though I got nothing but time.
I'm having the same problems

ossito2012

Jan 26, 2012
Rogers Park
Ok, I could not give up on this ROM, even though BT is acting up hella bad, I changed some settings in my car and the BT worked. I am running the furnace version as BT would lock up the DR87 version. On the furnace version I just did a reboot and all was good. In my car I have settings to import contacts, calls, and messages. This is where the BT would fail in the past, so I disabled that, I can still play audio and make phone calls with BT. I wonder if the issue with the BT is throughput problem or is it timing out to early, idk, just throwing stuff at the wall. I will stick with as my dd and see how it goes.

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
Ok, I could not give up on this ROM, even though BT is acting up hella bad, I changed some settings in my car and the BT worked. I am running the furnace version as BT would lock up the DR87 version. On the furnace version I just did a reboot and all was good. In my car I have settings to import contacts, calls, and messages. This is where the BT would fail in the past, so I disabled that, I can still play audio and make phone calls with BT. I wonder if the issue with the BT is throughput problem or is it timing out to early, idk, just throwing stuff at the wall. I will stick with as my dd and see how it goes.

Sadly BT is one area that AOSP is awful.

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
I ended up having to go back to 4.2.2, it ran smooth most of day but there were occasional lockups or severe lagging. Maybe we'll get something soon from the lg g2 4.4.2 or maybe some g2 pro stuff.

I have read that dr87 is doing a lot of work bringing up his 4.4.2 sourced kernel. So I am very hopeful we will have a much more stable experience.

Ortanon

May 30, 2013
If you see something not in this list, let me know below. :cyclops:
A)
What you're seeing:

1) In landscape, the lock screen slider targets are opposite their icons.

2) When unlocking from landscape, the launcher kicks you back into the lock screen after about a second.

3) Before you get kicked back into the lock screen, the home screen undergoes this weird DPI/resolution change. The recording does not capture this; the recording doesn't look like what's happening onscreen during the transition from lock to home screen (the recording looks crazier lol). I'm using the built-in DPI settings to set to 420.

LS 3.0 D800 Furnace Non-OC 1.7.2

B) It keeps asking me what app to use to play .MP4s even if I use the "Always" button. Found this out while making the above recording haha.

C) Landscape home screen plz?

D) Google Recents option plz?

E) But for real though, the collapse buttons on Slim's Recents do not look good with the 'card theme' at all.

Reactions: Reginald476

matthewcb4

Dec 17, 2010
I love everything about this Rom but didn't see anyone mention that the screen rotation is not working?
I have tried a few simple apps to make sure it's not just me but I am not getting any reading when it is rotating.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bps119

Jul 26, 2009
Louisville
I love everything about this Rom but didn't see anyone mention that the screen rotation is not working?
I have tried a few simple apps to make sure it's not just me but I am not getting any reading when it is rotating.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-D800 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you're on the kit kat baseband, that's the reason. Flash a jb radio and you should be good. Of you're already on the jb radio, then I can't help you.

Reginald476

Sep 19, 2012
Lansing
OP and dr87 version updated, it is still v5. I am not sure sure if I will keep up Furnace builds, you can flash it after you flash the ROM.

If you want to try OTA, you can. Just make sure you are OK with a few rules:
  • You are using TWRP
  • You are using dr87's Kernel or want to
  • You have a known good backup
  • You don't get upset if something goes wrong and you have to start over fresh

If you have or can do the above, feel free to go ahead.

Make sure to give me feedback about the OTA.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official Builds of LiquidSmooth

DISCLAMER

Your warranty is now void.

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    Dedicated to providing users with smooth, stable and fast ROMs. A Lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device.
    We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Liquid Members:
    Liquid0624
    Deadman96385
    jsnweitzel
    Somber73
    TheBr0ken
    Cdub50

Features:
    Code:
    Linaro 4.8 GCC Toolchain
    O3 Strict-Aliasing & ISO C++11 Mode
    ARM Optimized String Handling Routines
    Linaro and Code Aurora Optimaztions
    Slim's DPI on the fly
    Custom animation controls
    TRDS 3.0 (Liquid Blackout in settings)
    Active Display
    Slim's QuickSettings
    Ram Bar
    T-Mobile Theme Engine
    Privacy Guard
    Built in SuperUser
    Working WiFi Tethering
    Cell Broadcasts
    Slim's Configurable Power Menu
    Slim's Configurable Nav Bar
    Slim's Recents
    Gamma Configuration support
    Custom animation controls (Listview)
    LockScreen Notifications
    And way more than this...

Build Change Log:
    Code:
    **3/31**
    Switched to IllusionRoms kernel (Omni base)
    Switched to SaberMod 4.7 Toolchain for the kernel
    Removed AOSB Recents
    Stock Recents are default now (option of Slim's or OmniSwitch)
    Removed Color Statusbar as it was buggy

**3/17**
    Status Bar Colors (Settings > Interface > AppBar)
    Keyboard Animation's (Settings > Display > IME Animations)
    Custom Scrolling Values (Settings > Display > Scrolling Modifiers)
    Battery Bar (Settings > StatusBar > Battery Icon)
    App Side Bar (Settings > Interface > AppBar)
    Performance Control Replaced with Kernel Tweaker
    Starting with 3/8 builds there will be limited CWM support you can flash updates using it as long as you do do use the wipe data action in the app thanks Steve Spencer
    When a notification was clicked in active display on some device SystemUI would FC, fixed by Jason Weitzel
    Gesture Anywhere (Details later in the post)
    Active Display cleaned up and features merged in from Omni (Details here http://goo.gl/9eNhQ8)
    Internal Memory QS Tile
    Bug Fixes:
    App Settings do not launch twice on long press in slim recents
    3rd Party app support added to trigger recents
    Keyboard does not close when recents is opened
    SlimRecents Multiuser Compatible
    Add Long press menu to SlimRecents, it includes app info, Playstore link, Amazon appstore.
    FC on Pinch fixed
    Make Slim Recents follow Google Design standards
    Smooth none holo-spinners
    Smart Pulldown added to LiquidActions
    Recents added to LiquidActions

**3/3**
    Liquid Updates:
    Slim's Recents
    Fixes for native screen recorder
    More multi-core boot optimization
    Possible fix for  poor speaker quality
    Bump in speaker volume
    Reduce volume in call
    Add more steps for in-call volume 

**2/28**
    Liquid Updates:
    Built in Native Screen Recorder you can activate it by holding power and vol + for a second
    Custom Toast Animations
    100% working ART
    Dirty Flash is work again
    Thanks to Steve Spencer for fixing ART and dirty flashes and adding the native screen recorder.

Source Code:
    Code:
    [url="http://github.com/LiquidSmooth"]LiquidSmooth Github[/URL]
    [url="https://github.com/IllusionRom/android_kernel_lge_msm8974"]IllusionRom's Kernel[/URL]

Downloads:
    Code:
    [url=" http://goo.gl/1y3jJw "]ROM Download[/URL]
    [url=" http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/gapps-t2012857 "]BaNkS GApps Download[/URL]

Screenshots:
    Screenshot_2014-01-17-22-25-39.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-07.png

Screenshot_2014-01-17-22-23-44.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-13.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-28.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-35.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-41.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-47.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-01-55.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-04.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-14.png

Screenshot_2014-01-18-20-02-34.png

Please Support Liquid by Donating HERE
    OK, so here is the story of what is going on, I will break it up into two sections.

1 - ROM Related:
    Liquid is looking to finish up and move to the next stage of releasing the ROM, so there is a lot of bug squashing and not a lot of time for me to bring up new sources.
    The new sources only seem to work on the vs980, on anything else you will not get an APN set up, nor will it let you pick/configure one
    There are other issue that have come up as I am trying to use the awesome work @dr87 has done
    The kernel is JackpotCalvin's kernel, although it works, I would prefer to use IllusionROM's Omni based kernel.

2 - Personal:
    I have been interviewing for a new job, it took me about 2.5 months and I finally got an offer so, that means I will be pretty busy learning how all of that will work for me.
    It is starting to get nice in Michigan so that means I will be spending more time outside, brewing beer, playing disc golf, grilling and such. Updates may be a little slow but I hope they won't be as slow as they have been the past few weeks/month(s).

I hope that makes it clear why things may seem slow, out of date or whatever. all of that said, no this is not dead, yes there will be an official release of 3.0, yes there will be a release with the new 4.4 sources.

-Reginald476
    For Anyone interested in how this ROM performs on the LG G2 D800, I have posted my review at
    http://youtu.be/QR9vhIw7X1s
    I hope this helps with anyone wondering how good this ROM is. It is really fast!

Thanks for doing the review and the kind words. Just so you know, I maintain a thread for each variant. So total I save a few more than 5 pages. So far the D800 is the most quiet thread, the vs980 is probably the longest. :D

The mods that you mentioned you had issues with have since been removed (App Bar and custom color status bar), OmniSwitch is in the ROM as a separate app, in the next version it will be in the settings and AOSB recents have been removed, so you can choose Stock (default), Slim's and OmniSwitch.

I hope you either stick with LS or switch back after the update to see what's changed! Getting a kernel based on KitKat source and updated device configs will hopefully give us a much more stable environment.

Also, I need to talk to one of the main Devs about the OTA notification.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Know Issues - please do not post about bugs that you see on this list:
    - Kernel Over Volt of +25-50 (may cause your device to run hot)
    - Font Size picker does not work
    - LCD Density force closes settings once you change the density and click the home or back buttons.
    - Slim Pie needs a reboot before the trigger areas work
    - There is no way to activate multi-window
    - There is no way to disable Nav bar and pie currently
    - OTA App is still in the testing phase, so it will be buggy so do not use it.
    If you see something not in this list, let me know below. :cyclops:

New Features:
    Custom Progress Bar.

LG apps known to work:
    RieGo's LG QuickRemote v7

My personal settings:
    System DPI at 400
    Navigation Height at 36
    Action Launcher Pro

Kernel settings:
    TCP Congestion Control: westwood
    I/O Scheduler: noop
    CPU Governor: ondemand
    MPU Voltages: -25 to all
    CPU Frequency: Max 2265600
    OP and dr87 version updated, it is still v5. I am not sure sure if I will keep up Furnace builds, you can flash it after you flash the ROM.

If you want to try OTA, you can. Just make sure you are OK with a few rules:
    • You are using TWRP
    • You are using dr87's Kernel or want to
    • You have a known good backup
    • You don't get upset if something goes wrong and you have to start over fresh

If you have or can do the above, feel free to go ahead.

Make sure to give me feedback about the OTA.