Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,554 Members 36,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

shoebox connection error

Tip us?

bahdbwoy
Old
(Last edited by bahdbwoy; 16th March 2014 at 01:53 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default shoebox connection error

Showbox* stupid autocorrect..

Nexus7 WiFi on comcast

Have reinstalled and using v2.5 . Reset router/modem and still get the connection error when opening showbox?

Any ideas, thanks.

yf1954
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default connection error solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahdbwoy View Post
Showbox* stupid autocorrect..

Nexus7 WiFi on comcast

Have reinstalled and using v2.5 . Reset router/modem and still get the connection error when opening showbox?

Any ideas, thanks.
I had the same problem in my Nexus 5, nothing helped until I connected my device to WiFi and then opened the Shoebox app. It works perfectly now.

Good luck.

MidnightHarvester
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by yf1954 View Post
I had the same problem in my Nexus 5, nothing helped until I connected my device to WiFi and then opened the Shoebox app. It works perfectly now.

Good luck.
So this thing won't work over a 50Mbs LTE connection? I can't stand all the apps that assume people are on limited data (if that's the reason). I used Popcorn Time last night and had Desolation of Smaug finished downloaded in about 15 minutes (720p Blu Ray). Gotta say that that movie is absolutely gorgeous and I preferred it over any of the LOtR movies or the last Hobbit.

Was going to use Show Bow for the television shows and Popcorn Time for the movies, but I can just as easily use a Torrent I guess. I have no WiFi at my house.

yf1954
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default showbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightHarvester View Post
So this thing won't work over a 50Mbs LTE connection? I can't stand all the apps that assume people are on limited data (if that's the reason). I used Popcorn Time last night and had Desolation of Smaug finished downloaded in about 15 minutes (720p Blu Ray). Gotta say that that movie is absolutely gorgeous and I preferred it over any of the LOtR movies or the last Hobbit.

Was going to use Show Bow for the television shows and Popcorn Time for the movies, but I can just as easily use a Torrent I guess. I have no WiFi at my house.
All you need to do is connect to WiFi once to update the app, and then it should work just with regular connection.