Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Full Android reboot after flashing recovery?

Tip us?
 
f69m
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
Posts: 511
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Munich
Default [Q] Full Android reboot after flashing recovery?

Hi,

In several posts I read, that after flashing recovery you should first fully boot into Android, before booting into the new recovery.
I would really like to understand the reason for this.

Anyone who can give some technical details?

Thanks!
 
cmendonc2
Old
#2  
cmendonc2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 375
Posts: 1,066
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by f69m View Post
Hi,

In several posts I read, that after flashing recovery you should first fully boot into Android, before booting into the new recovery.
I would really like to understand the reason for this.

Anyone who can give some technical details?

Thanks!
When you don't reboot into Android, many people will get the dreaded TWRP password bug when you have not already set a password:
My Devices:
 

[Retired] Nook Color (CM10)



LG Optimus Dynamic II L39C (Stock, rooted)



Asus Tf300t (CM11)



Transformers: Install NvFlash for JellyBean Transformer bootloader to become unbrickable HERE Guide: Here!
Wantfree phone and tablet accessories or Google Play gift cards? Go HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to cmendonc2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
f69m
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 402
Posts: 511
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Munich
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmendonc2 View Post
When you don't reboot into Android, many people will get the dreaded TWRP password bug when you have not already set a password:
You mean the password prompt showing up, though the filesystem has not been encrypted?
Interesting, I thought that happens only, when the TWRP version does not match the bootloader.

Hard to explain, but then weird things happen all the time that cannot always be explained.
 
lj50036
Old
#4  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,412
Posts: 1,731
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Muti-Verse

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by f69m View Post
You mean the password prompt showing up, though the filesystem has not been encrypted?
Interesting, I thought that happens only, when the TWRP version does not match the bootloader.

Hard to explain, but then weird things happen all the time that cannot always be explained.
And depending on which method you use, You would be flashing the recovery to the staging partition, so a full reboot is need, thats why you

get the blue bar on you tab on reboot, Its moving what you just flashed from the staging to the correct partition, in your case the recovery...

Thx Josh
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes