App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

camera settings grayed out

12th March 2014, 12:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 2

650 posts
More
I received a unit from nokia device loan program. I mainly want to try the camera on this phone. When I launch camera from app menu, the camera screen would come out, but the screen is black, no focus view, the on screen buttons are grayed out, push camera button would not do anything.

what is happening?

The phone it locked to ATT, when I put a sim card in it, it say the sim card is used for specific network, input unlock code to use it.

is it because no sim card in it? I have tried reset the phone, but still the same.
14th March 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #2  
Flag East Hampton, Connecticut, USA
Thanks Meter: 5

88 posts
More
If you haven't already, you might want to factory reset it. This will wipe everything off the device, but that should be a big deal if you received it as loaner. Go to settings - about - reset your phone. The device is SIM locked and can only use an AT&T SIM unless you get en unlock code from AT&T. Not a big issue if you're an AT&T customer, but a pain if you are not. As for using the device without a SIM card, I do this regularly when I switch to my HTC One but still use my 1020 for the camera, etc.
16th March 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maryland

650 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterJunkie

If you haven't already, you might want to factory reset it. This will wipe everything off the device, but that should be a big deal if you received it as loaner. Go to settings - about - reset your phone. The device is SIM locked and can only use an AT&T SIM unless you get en unlock code from AT&T. Not a big issue if you're an AT&T customer, but a pain if you are not. As for using the device without a SIM card, I do this regularly when I switch to my HTC One but still use my 1020 for the camera, etc.

Yes. I tried reset. I also tried recovery tool. but still same.

I don't know what could the problem. I will wait for them to send me another one.

is this common issue for nokia phone? or just 1020? I am not windows phone user. I had dell venue pro long time ago. I thought this phone should work out of the box even without sim card.
16th March 2014, 03:54 PM   |  #4  

88 posts
More
Should not have any issue with testing without a SIM other then the cellular parts that must be expected not to work. I use my Lumia 1020 without a SIM quite frequently since it takes great pictures. When I switch to my HTC One, I still use my 1020 for the camera. The camera on the HTC One just doesn't compare to the Lumia 1020.
16th March 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Maryland

650 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterJunkie

Should not have any issue with testing without a SIM other then the cellular parts that must be expected not to work. I use my Lumia 1020 without a SIM quite frequently since it takes great pictures. When I switch to my HTC One, I still use my 1020 for the camera. The camera on the HTC One just doesn't compare to the Lumia 1020.

is this a common problem for nokia phones?
16th March 2014, 04:23 PM   |  #6  

88 posts
More
Is what a common problem? As for the issue your having with the camera not responding, no I have never had that and suspect that Nokia messed up when they flashed the phone clean and didn't full check it before sending it out. But that is completely a guess and could happen with any device.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread