Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,880 Members 51,161 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy note 3 aws band mod?

Tip us?

young420
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Galaxy note 3 aws band mod?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

young420
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Has anybody figured it out yet?

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 105
The Note 3 from AT&T is not capable of supporting those bands. It is not a world phone and it's transceiver is hardwired for AT&T 850 and 1900 bands. AWS is 1700.

young420
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Att s3 and s4 can be mod I don't see y the note 3 can be mod as well. Can some one help.

Solarenemy68
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by young420 View Post
Att s3 and s4 can be mod I don't see y the note 3 can be mod as well. Can some one help.

Here are the only frequencies that the Note 3 supports.

GSM:

850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

UMTS:

850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz

If your carrier or the carrier you want to use the phone on does not support these frequencies then it is impossible to use this phone on those carriers.

There is no mod or fix that can make the phone receive and transmit frequencies that it's transceiver is not setup to do. This is a Note 3 and and not a phone from the S series. There have been significant changes in both function as well as security of hardware and limiting user control.

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarenemy68 View Post
Here are the only frequencies that the Note 3 supports.

GSM:

850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz

UMTS:

850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz

If your carrier or the carrier you want to use the phone on does not support these frequencies then it is impossible to use this phone on those carriers.

There is no mod or fix that can make the phone receive and transmit frequencies that it's transceiver is not setup to do. This is a Note 3 and and not a phone from the S series. There have been significant changes in both function as well as security of hardware and limiting user control.
Not true. The S4 and Note 2 for AT&T were just the T-Mobile versions (AWS-enabled) with AWS disabled. If you used QPST to make a modem NV memory backup from a T-Mobile variant and then flashed that back to an AT&T variant, AWS would be enabled

I should know, I did it to my AT&T S4 which I'm using on T-Mobile and if I punch in a dialer code, I can see it connecting to HSPA+ Band 4 (AWS -1700/2100 MHz).

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889