Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Captivate identity crisis, says it's I9000 on some cases, I897 on others.

OP Golan89

16th March 2014, 05:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
In "about phone", it says it's a SGH-I897, but when I try to flash a I897 rom, it says it's a I9000 and doesn't let me flash it.

I'm having a butt-load of problems with this device, maybe that's why? what do I do next?

3.0.101+ Semaphore kernal, SlimRom 4.3.build.2.2. 1767, Baseband version I9000UGKC1.

At the back of the device, behind the battery, it says SGH-I897

I just want it to says I897 all the time!!
Last edited by Golan89; 16th March 2014 at 06:20 PM. Reason: the back of the device
16th March 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 583
 
502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golan89

In "about phone", it says it's a SGH-I897, but when I try to flash a I897 rom, it says it's a I9000 and doesn't let me flash it.

I'm having a butt-load of problems with this device, maybe that's why? what do I do next?

3.0.101+ Semaphore kernal, SlimRom 4.3.build.2.2. 1767..

I just want it to says I897!

just flash back to the stock rom and then flash the rom which you want to use...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nihar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th March 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
28 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by n205des

just flash back to the stock rom and then flash the rom which you want to use...

Baseband version I9000UGKC1, which one should I flash to? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1300843
16th March 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Pune
Thanks Meter: 583
 
502 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golan89

Baseband version I9000UGKC1, which one should I flash to? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1300843

i use this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1285616

it already has boog's kernel inserted so CWM is available directly
The Following User Says Thank You to Nihar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes