Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 43,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Installing CM11 on Stock Nook HD+

Tip us?
 
pollardhimself
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake
Default Installing CM11 on Stock Nook HD+

Hard to find a good step by step guide on here.

I have a stock 32GB nook HD+ 2.2.0 and want to install CM11 on the internal memory. Started reading this tutorial http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2062613 but getting a little lost. Whats the difference between the emmc version and the non emmc? Are they just different version for running CM on sd card instead of the internal memory like the old nooks?


Do I need to root first or is cm11 already rooted, if so how? getting lost on all these tutorials.


I have a 4GB microSD should I use the 4gb version on the stock small?

So here's what I am thinking for the internal nook install.

Use win 32disk imager and format the sdcard using the NookHDplus-bootable-CWM-6028-for-stock-small-rev4-(05.15.13) or 4gb image?

Then transfer cm-11-20140118-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip or cm-11-20140118-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-sdcard.zip to the sd card still zipped up and use CWM recovery to flash it? I'm thinking the stock small CWM should be used so I can fit the CM zip on the 4gb sd card.
 
leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 16th March 2014 at 10:02 PM.)
#2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,624
Posts: 8,285
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Do not follow that guide for installing CM11. That is for stock mods. There are two other guides for putting CM11 on internal memory.

Here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2602796

Or here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2679899

And yes you can run CM11 either on emmc (internal memory) or on SD, just like the older Nooks. Those guides above are for installing to internal. Be sure to use the correct version zip for the one you want.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
pollardhimself
Old
(Last edited by pollardhimself; 17th March 2014 at 01:07 AM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
Do not follow that guide for installing CM11. That is for stock mods. There are two other guides for putting CM11 on internal memory.

Here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2602796

Or here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2679899

And yes you can run CM11 either on emmc (internal memory) or on SD, just like the older Nooks. Those guides above are for installing to internal. Be sure to use the correct version zip for the one you want.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Prefect! Exactly what i needed

One question though the link here verygreen’s flashable CWM recovery zip file cwm-recovery-ovation-6.zip (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...22&postcount=1) the files in there are called "cm-11-20140118-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip" not CWM Clockworkmod.
 
leapinlar
Old
#4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,624
Posts: 8,285
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollardhimself View Post
Prefect! Exactly what i needed

One question though the link here verygreen’s flashable CWM recovery zip file cwm-recovery-ovation-6.zip (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...22&postcount=1) the files in there are called "cm-11-20140118-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip" not CWM Clockworkmod.
I don't understand your question. What files, where? You might best ask those questions on the thread you are following.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
pollardhimself
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 37
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesapeake
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
I don't understand your question. What files, where? You might best ask those questions on the thread you are following.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Ahh I didnt see the cwm-recovery-ovation-6.zip on the link he listed but I found it im good
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes