Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,670 Members 44,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Music playback issue

Tip us?

karehaqt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Music playback issue

Anyone have an issue where songs just randomly jump whilst playing? It doesnt matter which codec or player I use, songs will just jump or skip whilst playing. However playing the same tracks on my iPod Touch 4G results in no problems. Is this just a thing with Android in general and is there something I can do to fix it?

Ouzo
Old
Thanks Meter 116
I've had this problem when listening via stereo Bluetooth. I don't listen using wired headphones so if that's how you're listening to your music I can't compare. Just out of interest, is your music on internal memory of 'external' microSD card?

karehaqt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzo View Post
I've had this problem when listening via stereo Bluetooth. I don't listen using wired headphones so if that's how you're listening to your music I can't compare. Just out of interest, is your music on internal memory of 'external' microSD card?
My headphones are wired and music is on the internal memory. What's weird is that the only player I've found that seems to work properly is MX Player switched to allow music and hardware decoding enabled. Problem though is that it doesn't support gapless playback which I need.

karehaqt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Think I may have fixed my issue. Rooted my device and installed CPU Adjuster to setup a profile so that whenever Poweramp is active, my Tegra is to use the Ondemand CPU governor. So far Ive not had any jumps or skips in music. Quite weird why Ive had to resort to this just to get music to play properly, but at least it seems to be working for now.

Ouzo
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by karehaqt View Post
Think I may have fixed my issue. Rooted my device and installed CPU Adjuster to setup a profile so that whenever Poweramp is active, my Tegra is to use the Ondemand CPU governor. So far Ive not had any jumps or skips in music. Quite weird why Ive had to resort to this just to get music to play properly, but at least it seems to be working for now.
Perhaps there's a problem with the way the kernel switches between the companion core and the four main cores. Perhaps periodically when playing music and doing other background tasks the fifth core isn't enough, or the frequency of it isn't ramped up quickly enough. Sounds like Nvidia boobed up

perez6991
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Does anyone else get music lag when playing music with Google Play Music or others? Its very annoying and it doesn't happen when I'm using earphone's or headphone's.

Ouzo
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by perez6991 View Post
Does anyone else get music lag when playing music with Google Play Music or others? Its very annoying and it doesn't happen when I'm using earphone's or headphone's.
Yes, though I'm usually listening via stereo Bluetooth.