FORUMS

Galaxy Unpacked: What is Samsung Going to Unveil?

Amidst all the hype of the OnePlus 2 and the rain of Moto 2015 news, Samsung tried … more

Arrow Launcher: Good Effort Without Direction

Microsoft’s Android expansion has been well received on the productivity front, but … more

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

[Q] WiFi Turn On by It-self. Why?

2,986 posts
Thanks Meter: 621
 
By eclyptos, Senior Member on 14th March 2014, 01:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
14th March 2014, 05:37 PM |#11  
Zafar7777's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Are you running battery guru? If yes it will turn on Wi-Fi automatically if it comes in range of that network.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zafar7777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
14th March 2014, 06:10 PM |#12  
eclyptos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 621
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafar7777

Are you running battery guru? If yes it will turn on Wi-Fi automatically if it comes in range of that network.

I do and I will check. Anyway do you know how disable WiFi to turn on in Battery Guru?
14th March 2014, 07:41 PM |#13  
Zafar7777's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Go to settingz in batteryguru u'll find the option there as my phone is not available for now so i can't say you what to do exactly
The Following User Says Thank You to Zafar7777 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th March 2014, 08:33 PM |#14  
eclyptos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 621
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafar7777

Go to settingz in batteryguru u'll find the option there as my phone is not available for now so i can't say you what to do exactly

Thanx Mate, I finded that Battery Guru have the ability to manage my WiFi so I set it up like I like and it should not turn on anymore. I hope I will not come back here soon.

Thanx.
16th March 2014, 03:43 PM |#15  
scoobdude's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Not sure if it will control wifi but the app that controls connection and stuff could also be doing this. Like wren you put it to charge it whatever event is the trigger.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app
16th March 2014, 06:18 PM |#16  
Zafar7777's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
enjoy
16th March 2014, 10:57 PM |#17  
eclyptos's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 621
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude

Not sure if it will control wifi but the app that controls connection and stuff could also be doing this. Like wren you put it to charge it whatever event is the trigger.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

It was Battery Guru. I just disabled manage Wi-Fi based on my usage and don't manage Wi-Fi for at last 4 hours in Advanced and it not turning on anymore. I do it manually. Very happy now. Battery life stay up longer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes