Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,756 Members 50,806 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] WiFi Turn On by It-self. Why?

Tip us?

Zafar7777
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Are you running battery guru? If yes it will turn on Wi-Fi automatically if it comes in range of that network.
Current Device - Sony Xperia Z1 <3 - Canvas HD (JellyXperia 5.5)

Old devices - Samsung Galaxy Pop (Hard Bricked) - Samsung Galaxy Fit (Lost) - Goofone 5 (Display broken) - Xperia U (Sleeping)
The Following User Says Thank You to Zafar7777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafar7777 View Post
Are you running battery guru? If yes it will turn on Wi-Fi automatically if it comes in range of that network.
I do and I will check. Anyway do you know how disable WiFi to turn on in Battery Guru?
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

Zafar7777
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Go to settingz in batteryguru u'll find the option there as my phone is not available for now so i can't say you what to do exactly

Old devices - Samsung Galaxy Pop (Hard Bricked) - Samsung Galaxy Fit (Lost) - Goofone 5 (Display broken) - Xperia U (Sleeping)
The Following User Says Thank You to Zafar7777 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eclyptos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zafar7777 View Post
Go to settingz in batteryguru u'll find the option there as my phone is not available for now so i can't say you what to do exactly
Thanx Mate, I finded that Battery Guru have the ability to manage my WiFi so I set it up like I like and it should not turn on anymore. I hope I will not come back here soon.

Thanx.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

scoobdude
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Not sure if it will control wifi but the app that controls connection and stuff could also be doing this. Like wren you put it to charge it whatever event is the trigger.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app

Zafar7777
Old
Thanks Meter 10
enjoy

eclyptos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
Not sure if it will control wifi but the app that controls connection and stuff could also be doing this. Like wren you put it to charge it whatever event is the trigger.

Sent from my C6916 using xda app-developers app
It was Battery Guru. I just disabled manage Wi-Fi based on my usage and don't manage Wi-Fi for at last 4 hours in Advanced and it not turning on anymore. I do it manually. Very happy now. Battery life stay up longer.