Huawei ascend G700 U10

OP kyucosta

17th March 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag VFR
Thanks Meter: 68

390 posts
More
Hi. My wife just give me this phone couple days back... I dont know anything about im ( samsung and sony user) but search on google i rooted with farmroot apk. Now i need to install a recovery cwm/twr... Dont know the method... Can any one help? And also if u read chinese because i dont and google translator cant translate properly will this phone gettin the new android kitkat? Theres no support from operators for this phone here in portugal. Its a kind of rebel phone

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
14th October 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 254

802 posts
kinda late - just stumbled across this thread - did you find any answers? Do you still own the G700?
25th October 2014, 05:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag VFR

390 posts
More
I still have it... No confirmation for the kitkat and huawei didnt update the emotion ui... So i put toghether emui 2 and the new weather app and widget and all working pretty good for now... Huawei sucks on updates for the overseas phones or models... Common a 1 year old quad core 2 gb ram with no kitkat? :banghead:
The Following User Says Thank You to kyucosta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 02:20 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 254

802 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyucosta

I still have it... No confirmation for the kitkat and huawei didnt update the emotion ui... So i put toghether emui 2 and the new weather app and widget and all working pretty good for now... Huawei sucks on updates for the overseas phones or models... Common a 1 year old quad core 2 gb ram with no kitkat? :banghead:

Yep, sadly it looks like as there won't be any (official) Kitkat update at all for the G700. So as long as there won't be a dev with some time to port one we'll stuck with Jellybean - from the hardware side it would be perectly capable of Lollipop as well

-- EDIT --
Do you have any more details about the mods you did?
11th November 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag VFR

390 posts
More
I just root my phone and replace the launcher widget and weather apk from emui 2.0 with root explorer give proper permissions and ok... Just search for emui 2.0 apk on p6 forum...

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread