Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,924 Members 45,315 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Soft Brick after failed 4.3 OTA

Tip us?

captaincado
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default Soft Brick after failed 4.3 OTA

I've been running 4.2.2, rooted, SafeStrap'd and SuperSU. Today, I went back to stock ROM (I switch back and forth, between stock and Hyperdrive), I forgot I had rebooted during a forced update for 4.3. Well, update finished downloading, and automatically went to install, of course, with my phone, it always fails @ 29-30%. Phone went to start back up, went thru the SafeStrap and stayed at the AT&T logo. Pulled battery and went to SS, and activated Slot 2 (Hyperdrive). Phone just boot looped thru the SS and then shut off and so on and so forth. So I tried to do a factory reset, and that failed. So I tried to restore backup, in SS and that failed. I'm thinking that even though the 4.3 update failed, it somehow put enough of info, into the bootloader, to change it to a 4.3. I'm going to try to ABD MF3, then MI2 and if that fails, ML2.
Just wanted to give you a heads up....seems AT&T is hellbent on pushing this locked down update through.

Sent Via Smoke Signals
Some days, you eat the bear...

Other days, the bear eats you!!

skulls13
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincado View Post
I've been running 4.2.2, rooted, SafeStrap'd and SuperSU. Today, I went back to stock ROM (I switch back and forth, between stock and Hyperdrive), I forgot I had rebooted during a forced update for 4.3. Well, update finished downloading, and automatically went to install, of course, with my phone, it always fails @ 29-30%. Phone went to start back up, went thru the SafeStrap and stayed at the AT&T logo. Pulled battery and went to SS, and activated Slot 2 (Hyperdrive). Phone just boot looped thru the SS and then shut off and so on and so forth. So I tried to do a factory reset, and that failed. So I tried to restore backup, in SS and that failed. I'm thinking that even though the 4.3 update failed, it somehow put enough of info, into the bootloader, to change it to a 4.3. I'm going to try to ABD MF3, then MI2 and if that fails, ML2.
Just wanted to give you a heads up....seems AT&T is hellbent on pushing this locked down update through.

Sent Via Smoke Signals
did you get a fix.att is being a real pain in the ars

captaincado
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Not yet....won't be near a computer until Saturday.

Sent Via Smoke Signals

alphabeast
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincado View Post
Not yet....won't be near a computer until Saturday.

Sent Via Smoke Signals
download the odin files but for any reason install the bootloader so you can probably go back to MF1 if everything fails.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alphabeast For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Devo7v
Old
Thanks Meter 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabeast View Post
download the odin files but for any reason install the bootloader so you can probably go back to MF1 if everything fails.
To clarify he's saying DO NOT flash the ML2 bootloader so that you'll have the option to downgrade later.

captaincado
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
The closest I want to get to ML2 is to use most of ML2's files, but use MI2's boot loader.

Sent Via Smoke Signals