Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Downloads fail when in background, torrents pause unless app in foreground

OP Nitefire77

11th March 2014, 05:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tacoma, Wa
Thanks Meter: 60

221 posts
More
I never had this problem on my s3 but when downloading a file unless I have the browser as the foreground app the download will stop and the file will say failed. I know there's got to be an underlying issue cause when i'm downloading torrents unless atorrent is the foreground window my torrents will lose the connection and pause unless I stare at the atorrent app till it finishes. Does anyone know a fix to this? I would love to be able to have my files download in the background uninterrupted
11th March 2014, 05:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 43

166 posts
More
I have the problem with downloads on 4g using chrome, but not with torrents. Maybe try using another client? I am using an edited adownloader (fixes some search engine links) which I can send you if you like

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
11th March 2014, 06:48 AM   |  #3  
Flag Mobile
Thanks Meter: 918

1,256 posts
Donate to Me
More
I was just reading this article about background services in KK... Not sure if it has anything to do with your issue but seemed worth mentioning.
The Following User Says Thank You to AyDee For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tacoma, Wa
Thanks Meter: 60

221 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by linjes

I have the problem with downloads on 4g using chrome, but not with torrents. Maybe try using another client? I am using an edited adownloader (fixes some search engine links) which I can send you if you like

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

I used to use chrome as my main browser and it would be the app doing downloads. As soon as it wasn't the main window the downloads would stop and say failed. I think that article that was linked explains the culprit. It makes a lot of sense. I switched to dolphin as my browser but it doesn't want to download some things. I have to use chrome and watch the screen to download nightly updates for my rom. It doesn't take too long, its just more of an annoyance really
12th March 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 75

735 posts
So it could take more than 6 months for this to be solved if we have to wait for 4.5 (summer) and then hope LG updates the G2 to it.

I download a lot of torrents on Android so this is a huge problem.
17th March 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 43

166 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic

So it could take more than 6 months for this to be solved if we have to wait for 4.5 (summer) and then hope LG updates the G2 to it.

I download a lot of torrents on Android so this is a huge problem.

No but the thing is I can download torrents in the background just fine.. You've tried all other clients and disabled xposed??

*edit* I once had a lot of problems with downloads and I ended up disabling ALL xposed modules entirely. It worked but I decided background downloads aren't worth not having xposed lol
Last edited by linjes; 17th March 2014 at 03:56 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread