Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,212 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Downloads fail when in background, torrents pause unless app in foreground

Tip us?

Nitefire77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default [Q] Downloads fail when in background, torrents pause unless app in foreground

I never had this problem on my s3 but when downloading a file unless I have the browser as the foreground app the download will stop and the file will say failed. I know there's got to be an underlying issue cause when i'm downloading torrents unless atorrent is the foreground window my torrents will lose the connection and pause unless I stare at the atorrent app till it finishes. Does anyone know a fix to this? I would love to be able to have my files download in the background uninterrupted
Device: LG G2 D801 T-Mobile
Rom:
[B]Cloudy Flex! (port of G flex Stock ROM for G2
Kernel: Stock LG Kernel

linjes
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I have the problem with downloads on 4g using chrome, but not with torrents. Maybe try using another client? I am using an edited adownloader (fixes some search engine links) which I can send you if you like

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app

AyDee
Old
Thanks Meter 794

DONATE TO ME
I was just reading this article about background services in KK... Not sure if it has anything to do with your issue but seemed worth mentioning.
The Following User Says Thank You to AyDee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nitefire77
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by linjes View Post
I have the problem with downloads on 4g using chrome, but not with torrents. Maybe try using another client? I am using an edited adownloader (fixes some search engine links) which I can send you if you like

Sent from my LG-D802 using xda app-developers app
I used to use chrome as my main browser and it would be the app doing downloads. As soon as it wasn't the main window the downloads would stop and say failed. I think that article that was linked explains the culprit. It makes a lot of sense. I switched to dolphin as my browser but it doesn't want to download some things. I have to use chrome and watch the screen to download nightly updates for my rom. It doesn't take too long, its just more of an annoyance really
Device: LG G2 D801 T-Mobile
Rom:
[B]Cloudy Flex! (port of G flex Stock ROM for G2
Kernel: Stock LG Kernel

Sensamic
Old
Thanks Meter 66
So it could take more than 6 months for this to be solved if we have to wait for 4.5 (summer) and then hope LG updates the G2 to it.

I download a lot of torrents on Android so this is a huge problem.

linjes
Old
(Last edited by linjes; 17th March 2014 at 02:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
So it could take more than 6 months for this to be solved if we have to wait for 4.5 (summer) and then hope LG updates the G2 to it.

I download a lot of torrents on Android so this is a huge problem.
No but the thing is I can download torrents in the background just fine.. You've tried all other clients and disabled xposed??

*edit* I once had a lot of problems with downloads and I ended up disabling ALL xposed modules entirely. It worked but I decided background downloads aren't worth not having xposed lol