UK Firmware on a Canadian Network

Search This thread

aerospaceCU

Mar 7, 2014
Hi all,

I have a GT-I9505 phone. I am in Canada on the Rogers network. I had an issue with their OTA update for 4.4.2 a week ago and was forced to use Odin to put a UK BTU 4.3 firmware onto the phone.

The GT-I9505, to my knowledge, is a UK phone (I actually called Samsung and they told me that model is a UK phone).

So my question is will I receive OTA updates through the Canadian network (Rogers) for the UK BTU firmware that I put on my phone.

The phone is unlocked.

Thanks.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
You will receive UK OTA updates if u flashed BTU firmware and ur phone goes OK :highfive:

*EDIT: For confirm it you can:
1. Conect it to Kies 3 and take a look your CSC (Code region). CSC are this 3 letters btw parenthesis. You have all codes HERE
2. If u doesnt root and nothing, u will receive the updates of this CSC. Hi5

Last edited:
Reactions: aerospaceCU

aerospaceCU

Mar 7, 2014
You will receive UK OTA updates if u flashed BTU firmware and ur phone goes OK :highfive:

1. Conect it to Kies 3 and take a look your CSC (Code region). CSC are this 3 letters btw parenthesis. You have all codes HERE

I have (AUT) which is Switzerland. Based on SamMobile, Switzerland has 4.4.2 out already.

So what does this mean? Will I get OTA updates (through the updates settings on my phone) for Android firmware?

I'm still on 4.3 and my Canadian network that I'm on (Rogers) pushed out 4.4.2 last week. I'm not getting any updates...

Please advise. Thanks!

Last edited:

aayushkhajuria2842

Mar 1, 2012
Udhampur
I have (AUT) which is Switzerland. Based on SamMobile, Switzerland has 4.4.2 out already.

So what does this mean? Will I get OTA updates (through the updates settings on my phone) for Android firmware?

I'm still on 4.3 and my Canadian network that I'm on (Rogers) pushed out 4.4.2 last week. I'm not getting any updates...

Please advise. Thanks!

Same question ......u said u have aut so u should get updates for switserland

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aerospaceCU

Mar 7, 2014
Same question ......if u r on canadian network u will get otas for that canadian network only

That's weird though because I bought my phone online, its international and I know there is no GT-i9505 model in Canada. And I was getting OTA through that. So clearly whatever stock firmware I had at the time (which I don't know what it was) was receiving OTA updates.

Any thoughts?

aayushkhajuria2842

Mar 1, 2012
Udhampur
That's weird though because I bought my phone online, its international and I know there is no GT-i9505 model in Canada. And I was getting OTA through that. So clearly whatever stock firmware I had at the time (which I don't know what it was) was receiving OTA updates.

Any thoughts?

I would suggest u flash 4.4.2 rom manually nd u may get ota updates after that

Reactions: aerospaceCU

aayushkhajuria2842

Mar 1, 2012
Udhampur
5y3e6y4e.jpg

Do you have this pasted on your phn box mobile phm gt i9500zkains ...tells that I have a indian firmware installed ....dont knw that wheather it would be pasted international one or not bt atleas5 you can try

aerospaceCU

Mar 7, 2014
5y3e6y4e.jpg

Do you have this pasted on your phn box mobile phm gt i9500zkains ...tells that I have a indian firmware installed ....dont knw that wheather it would be pasted international one or not bt atleas5 you can try

No I don't have that. I just know my phone is Brazilian. Out of the box it worked fine here in Canada on the Rogers network. Got 4.3 and it was fine. Perhaps 4.4.2, put out by Rogers, realized I wasn't the right model or not using a carrier-specific phone?

I'm just not sure anymore. I got the UK BTU 4.3 firmware from Sam mobile but Kies 3 says I am AUT (Switzerland). And I am still unable to get the 4.4.2 update through KIES or OTA.

aayushkhajuria2842

Mar 1, 2012
Udhampur
No I don't have that. I just know my phone is Brazilian. Out of the box it worked fine here in Canada on the Rogers network. Got 4.3 and it was fine. Perhaps 4.4.2, put out by Rogers, realized I wasn't the right model or not using a carrier-specific phone?

I'm just not sure anymore. I got the UK BTU 4.3 firmware from Sam mobile but Kies 3 says I am AUT (Switzerland). And I am still unable to get the 4.4.2 update through KIES or OTA.

Is your phn rooted or something

aerospaceCU

Mar 7, 2014
Is your phn rooted or something

No it is not rooted. Antutu says no root access and I don't even know how to root (I'm a noob). Also, my device status is official.

I am so confused. I just want to get back the normal OTA update ability and get 4.4.2. I do not want to manually update the firmware every time.

Please help...

aerospaceCU

Mar 7, 2014
By the way I was looking at my baseband version (modem) and see that its XXUENAA. Sam mobile does not show that for the Switzerland firmware (AUT).

I wonder what that means?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So the Canadian network will allow me to download/install OTA BTU firmware even if I'm in Canada? And what do you mean "goes OK"?
    1. Yes.
    2. If ur phone dont have any issues :good:

Any thoughts?

I would suggest u flash 4.4.2 rom manually nd u may get ota updates after that