Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

YU Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Which GB rom and kernel are the best for gaming?

OP sekuza009

17th March 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
My question is the same as the title, but I'm kind of confused as to which rom for GB is for gaming. I know about Xperia NXT Gaming edition and Bane of Speed, but I just can't figure out which would run the best. The same thing goes for with the kernels. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it muchly. Thanks!
17th March 2014, 08:24 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 313

1,133 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekuza009

My question is the same as the title, but I'm kind of confused as to which rom for GB is for gaming. I know about Xperia NXT Gaming edition and Bane of Speed, but I just can't figure out which would run the best. The same thing goes for with the kernels. If anyone could help, I would appreciate it muchly. Thanks!

im also trying to figure this out, lupus GB is giving me a bunch of issues...
17th March 2014, 01:02 PM   |  #3  
Flag Tangkak
Thanks Meter: 17

213 posts
More
what types of game that u really want to play if u get a gaming rom?
17th March 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 21

76 posts
I agree, there are way too many roms and kernels for the xplay, even though i was pretty happy with my debloated stock rom, it still didnt had recovery or the ability to overclock/tweak so i decided to first try a kernel: doomkernel v14. It is only the kernel so you can keep everything (apps&data) including the rom and still tweak it. I also installed V6 supercharger script but this might be too complicated to configure for most. So i suggest, first try doomkernel v14, it gives you recovery so you can flash any rom you want if you are still not satisfied with it.
17th March 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #5  
Flag Iowa home of Slipkknot
Thanks Meter: 535

1,143 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0c0

I agree, there are way too many roms and kernels for the xplay, even though i was pretty happy with my debloated stock rom, it still didnt had recovery or the ability to overclock/tweak so i decided to first try a kernel: doomkernel v14. It is only the kernel so you can keep everything (apps&data) including the rom and still tweak it. I also installed V6 supercharger script but this might be too complicated to configure for most. So i suggest, first try doomkernel v14, it gives you recovery so you can flash any rom you want if you are still not satisfied with it.

Right now I have the I. T rom that was based off cola with doom lord CDMA 233 kernel over clocked max 2.0 min 368 no option and smartassv2 it runs both gta 3 and vice city my nes and snes emulators resident evil port using psxperia and ppsspp to play Final Fantasy crisis core it lags a little in ppsspp but over all its great for the games
Sent from my ADR6300 using xda app-developers app
18th March 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HEZAiKU

what types of game that u really want to play if u get a gaming rom?

Like, emulation and other straining things. I'm also thinking about overclocking and getting an extended battery too, but I don't want it to explode from overclocking. I'm thinking about trying 1.6 ghz at first and trying it at 1.8. :P
18th March 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Any suggestions from anyone?
19th March 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #8  
Flag Cracow
Thanks Meter: 30

251 posts
More
Quote:

Gin2KitKat 3.1 + lupus V12 works perfectly for me.
19th March 2014, 04:07 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliperpl

Gin2KitKat 3.1 + lupus V12 works perfectly for me.

Huh. So it works good for gaming?
19th March 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 13

41 posts
More
Quote:

Ultimate HD v6 is the best one I ever tryed, you can easily get 150mb free ram with whatsapp and messenger open, when you use greenify is 213mb. And also this rom have great battery life even overclocked at 1,2 , this ROM is good for daily use and gaming(emulators and android games in general).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread