Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,310 Members 45,059 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Update to 4.3 or stick to 4.1.2

Tip us?

hollywoodfrodo
Old
(Last edited by hollywoodfrodo; 16th March 2014 at 06:30 AM.) Reason: grammar correction
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 139
Question Update to 4.3 or stick to 4.1.2

I have yet to take the 4.3 update due to hearing of battery and wifi issues when it first came out and not being able to root it. Of course, there is now a way to root the phone and I don't care about unlocking the bootloader as I don't plan on installing any custom roms. I only want root.

What I want to know is what are people's experience with 4.3...

1) What is good/better about 4.3 versus 4.1.2 that would give me a reason to want to update?

2) What is bad about 4.3? Are the battery/wifi issues just isolated issues or is everyone having issues and would you recommend sticking to 4.1.2?

Thanks!
Watch my Android App Reviews on my YouTube channel here: http://www.youtube.com/user/hollywoodfrodo

Check out my Android Themed NFC Sticker & Tag Store AndyTags here: http://www.andytags.com

twistedillutions
Old
Thanks Meter 200
I didn't take the 4.3. My bro did. He didn't like it lag more then usual that was his main complain. I suggest root it add recovery and install a TW 4.3 that wont lock ur bootloader

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk
AWESOME POSSOM

ShapesBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodfrodo View Post
I have yet to take the 4.3 update due to hearing of battery and wifi issues when it first came out and not being able to root it. Of course, there is now a way to root the phone and I don't care about unlocking the bootloader as I don't plan on installing any custom roms. I only want root.

What I want to know is what are people's experience with 4.3...

1) What is good/better about 4.3 versus 4.1.2 that would give me a reason to want to update?

2) What is bad about 4.3? Are the battery/wifi issues just isolated issues or is everyone having issues and would you recommend sticking to 4.1.2?

Thanks!
Best bet and my suggestion is if you already have an unlocked bootloader on 4.1.2 do not take the OTA hence keeping the unlocked bootloader. I'm running wicked sensations 4.3 and I haven't noticed a huge difference personally. There is a fix for the wifi issue from what I've read

Sent from my S3 on Wicked
VZW S3 - SOKP/MOAR
SGT2 7.0 - Mokee OS 4.4.2/SOKP

XdrummerXboy
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions View Post
I didn't take the 4.3. My bro did. He didn't like it lag more then usual that was his main complain. I suggest root it add recovery and install a TW 4.3 that wont lock ur bootloader

Sent from my d2lte using Tapatalk
I agree completely with this guy. Gives you MANY more options. Once you take the OTA I think you're basically stuck with it whether you like it or not. I love the fact that I rooted and am now running CM11 (Kit Kat) on a two year old phone, its wonderful!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
Sent from Galaxy SIII running CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to XdrummerXboy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]