Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 42,227 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB data connection acting strangely

Tip us?

timmytucker718
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default USB data connection acting strangely

Most usb cables work to charge my phone, but won't form a data connection with my xt910. I do have ONE that will. I thought it might be the cables, but they form a connection with other devices. Thought I'd mention, it says a usb is connected regardless of which cable I use in ap fastboot.

What is going on????

Also, I just got the usb port replaced thinking this was the issue... i don't get it...

phi7ip
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I had this problem with a certain phone before it turned out to be the plug the part that actually goes into the phone was not long enough. you might want to compare the plugs length on the ones that work and dont

timmytucker718
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by phi7ip View Post
I had this problem with a certain phone before it turned out to be the plug the part that actually goes into the phone was not long enough. you might want to compare the plugs length on the ones that work and dont

Ah, this is it! I guess Motorola makes their port deeper so that consumers have to buy their cables

PainTrane117
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Yeah just take a razor and carve off some of the extra rubber around the plug.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

ali.bsrn
Old
Thanks Meter 2
have you checked adb shell options? (Once I experienced a similar situation and it was due to adb options)