5,595,000 Members 38,399 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cradle for Note 3 with Otterbox Defender case?

Tip us?

thrgk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Cradle for Note 3 with Otterbox Defender case?

Is there a cradle that will work with my defender case? If found this one, but not to sure of the credibility, so if anyone know other cradles that would work please let me know. I really would love one to work with the case.

http://www.gadgets4geeks.com.au/prod...gged-case-dock

Suleeto
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk View Post
Is there a cradle that will work with my defender case? If found this one, but not to sure of the credibility, so if anyone know other cradles that would work please let me know. I really would love one to work with the case.

http://www.gadgets4geeks.com.au/prod...gged-case-dock
Looks like it would work, the only issue I see is it's using a USB 2.0 connector and won't charge your phone as fast as USB 3.0. If it's just sitting on your night stand while you sleep, maybe this is just fine as you don't need it to charge quickly (USB 2.0 should charge it up full by the time you wake up the next morning).

I wish there was something like this but in USB 3.0. I might still get this because for what it is and what I said above, it'll work very well. The idea of setting my phone on a mat for wireless charging isn't that appealing because a cradle sits it upright where I can see it when it rings or gets a message.
---<SuLeeTo>--------------------------------------------------------------
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 got it on 3/11/14, bone stock right now

Previously...
AT&T HTC Vivid: WCX
HTC Aria running !LIBERATED! Froyo
Samsung Galaxy Tab (AT&T spec) Overcome 4.1.0
AT&T branded Rhodium (Tilt 2) ENERGY 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|28244 * Sense 2019
Semson 3.5mm audio adapter
AT&T Tilt Garmin.DK.4.5
AT&T, Cingular 8125 (HTC WIZA100) T-Mobile 2.26 running w/ WM6 -- NBD v9.1 (5.2.1620)

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suleeto View Post
Looks like it would work, the only issue I see is it's using a USB 2.0 connector and won't charge your phone as fast as USB 3.0. If it's just sitting on your night stand while you sleep, maybe this is just fine as you don't need it to charge quickly (USB 2.0 should charge it up full by the time you wake up the next morning).

I wish there was something like this but in USB 3.0. I might still get this because for what it is and what I said above, it'll work very well. The idea of setting my phone on a mat for wireless charging isn't that appealing because a cradle sits it upright where I can see it when it rings or gets a message.
Usb 3.0 will only give you extra charge current if you're drawing of a usb 3.0 port on your pc or laptop. Usb 2.0 will give only 500ma while you can get 900 off a usb 3.0 port. The biggest wall charger is only 2.1 amps and the phone will draw up to that much regardless of weather you use a usb 2.0 or 3.0 cable. It is the capacity of the charger that counts, not the cable standard. Since that cradle says it cranks 2 amps it will charge just as quickly as the Samsung charger that came with your phone.

You can confirm this yourself using any of a number of play store apps which measure charging current.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Note 3 is a beast