Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

US Preorder Dates?

OP cloudraker

17th March 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #1  
Well as the title suggests, im curious if any US carrier has opened preorders yet or if anyone has even heard when they might. Ive read that in the UK they will begin on the 28th. Im with AT&T and they have yet to announce anything in regards to availability or preorders.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th March 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 221

1,725 posts
More
The whole secrecy thing about the launch date is baffling given how quick they were last year on the GN3 to announce the dates and get things rolling. Still I look forward to the GS5 and I suspect it will be LAG FREE. Just not sure if its AT&T or Verizon for me at this time.
18th March 2014, 03:19 AM   |  #3  
Flag Orange County, NY
Thanks Meter: 76

198 posts
More
It is pretty frustrating that a price hasn't been announced nor a pre-order date. I know those are just minor things, but it just makes no sense to me why they are keeping quiet about it. I just want the peace of mind that I preordered it and don't have to worry about anything.
18th March 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #4  
Given the new leaked info about the new HTC One, i may end up passing on the S5. Not knowing when it will be released or even pricing, and the idea that the One may go on sale immediately following its launch is tempting if its true.
19th March 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 221

1,725 posts
More
It just typical US carrier crap, they drag everything out so you buy whats available today and they can clear out the GS4 stock they have. I just want the 32GB on launch day.
19th March 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #6  
Flag Orange County, NY
Thanks Meter: 76

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimepots

Is it released on the US? have you guys already have one?

Not yet -- It's launching April 11th, but still no word on price or when preorders will be available.
19th March 2014, 07:01 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 41

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaptorMD

It just typical US carrier crap, they drag everything out so you buy whats available today and they can clear out the GS4 stock they have. I just want the 32GB on launch day.

it's the worst.. and S4 stock? these carriers are putting out promotions for the S3! like what idiots would buy an S3 on Contract in 2014 with the S5 launching in 3 weeks? These carriers take advantage of non techie customers.. It really pisses me off. They should have given us a pre-order date or pricing at least. I may hate Apple, but one thing they do right is the iPhone launches. They announce a phone, then put it out within 10 days at all carriers without any delay.
19th March 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #8  
Flag lake elsinore
Thanks Meter: 140

719 posts
More
I saw tmobile will have it for sure in their site
20th March 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #9  
Flag Akron, OH
Thanks Meter: 24

169 posts
More
Preorders open tomorrow (3-21) on AT&T for $200