Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,892 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery user replaceable?

Tip us?

clouds5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 350
Default Battery user replaceable?

So hi guys,

I'm loving this tablet alot and I'm using it all the time for all my computing. Now what if in a year or two the battery life decreases but the note itself is still fine? Is there a way to replace the battery in a relatively simple fashion?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5 View Post
So hi guys,

I'm loving this tablet alot and I'm using it all the time for all my computing. Now what if in a year or two the battery life decreases but the note itself is still fine? Is there a way to replace the battery in a relatively simple fashion?
Yes but it does involve pulling your tablet apart... And being able to get the right battery...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

clouds5
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 350
Yeah that's what i thought. Do you know if there is an aftermarket for parts like that?
Also, has anyone already taken a note 2014 apart and checked if you need to solder or glue stuff when replacing the battery?
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III | Stock rooted
Tablet: Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Wifi | Stock rooted

RussellEstridge25
Old
Thanks Meter 143

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah that's what i thought. Do you know if there is an aftermarket for parts like that?
Also, has anyone already taken a note 2014 apart and checked if you need to solder or glue stuff when replacing the battery?
Look in the general section. Someone posted pics of it all taken apart. The thead is called sleep of death. The battery is just a plug away

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551881

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Be yourself........... Hit me up on Gtalk Rustypmusic@gmail.com. [/B]

dr.m0x
Old
Thanks Meter 714
Quote:
I haven't seen any aftermarket batteries yet. Your local Samsung service agent will definitely be able to do it but they charge excessively.

Other option would be to keep an eye on this website or email them.

http://www.newpower99.com/SearchResu...x=0&Search.y=0

They have batteries for the other Note series tablets. Ours may just be too new for them to bother with yet. I'd be surprised if anyone needed a new battery this early in the release cycle.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The Note 3 is a beast