Battery user replaceable?

OP clouds5

17th March 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 380

1,557 posts
More
So hi guys,

I'm loving this tablet alot and I'm using it all the time for all my computing. Now what if in a year or two the battery life decreases but the note itself is still fine? Is there a way to replace the battery in a relatively simple fashion?
17th March 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #2  
Flag Waratah
Thanks Meter: 578

4,474 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouds5

So hi guys,

I'm loving this tablet alot and I'm using it all the time for all my computing. Now what if in a year or two the battery life decreases but the note itself is still fine? Is there a way to replace the battery in a relatively simple fashion?

Yes but it does involve pulling your tablet apart... And being able to get the right battery...
The Following User Says Thank You to ultramag69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 380

1,557 posts
More
Yeah that's what i thought. Do you know if there is an aftermarket for parts like that?
Also, has anyone already taken a note 2014 apart and checked if you need to solder or glue stuff when replacing the battery?
17th March 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #4  
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 147

1,021 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah that's what i thought. Do you know if there is an aftermarket for parts like that?
Also, has anyone already taken a note 2014 apart and checked if you need to solder or glue stuff when replacing the battery?

Look in the general section. Someone posted pics of it all taken apart. The thead is called sleep of death. The battery is just a plug away

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551881

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
17th March 2014, 03:38 PM   |  #5  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 750

3,279 posts
More
Quote:

I haven't seen any aftermarket batteries yet. Your local Samsung service agent will definitely be able to do it but they charge excessively.

Other option would be to keep an eye on this website or email them.

http://www.newpower99.com/SearchResu...x=0&Search.y=0

They have batteries for the other Note series tablets. Ours may just be too new for them to bother with yet. I'd be surprised if anyone needed a new battery this early in the release cycle.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread