Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,869 Members 39,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moving to Note II

Tip us?

koloko12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Moving to Note II

OK so after one year with my HTC sensation XL ,I decided I want to get upgraded and try something new. My options were galaxy S3,S4 or HTC one and the note ll. From all those I want the note ii. I want some reviews from you guys about the phone. The things that I most care about is how is the battery and is the screen is strong.
Should i get the otter box case with the front glass protector?

sawdoctor
Old
Thanks Meter 2032
Not sure which model you are getting but the n7100 has a slightly better battery performance than the lte version plus more custom roms. I'm running the n7105 (lte version) and can comfortably get 4.30 hours screen time plus last all day on a single charge. I'm just using a gel case with screen protector. I have dropped it several times and no damage so I don't think otterbox is needed unless you are giving it an extremely hard time. From what I've read the n7100 can give you 6 hours screen time btw

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dzejju
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
I'm N7105 user.
I must say that the battery life is much much better than on the N7000, however as it has a large screen it still uses a lot of energy.
So I will compare the battery life (on N7105) to other devices:
-Much better battery life than on the n7000
-Seems close to the S4 Zoom battery life
-Uses much more battery than LG L9 II (D605), as it had a great screen (very bright).

I'm a very advanced user of smartphones, I have a lot of apps installed, however the battery will last untill the evening. It uses like 27% for 2h10min. (browsing internet).
Also please keep in mind I'm using Android 4.1.2, the new 4.3 uses much more energy.

Talking about display, it's good. I don't know if You've already seen it, but the angles and colors are good. However minimal brightness won't be enough for daily use (as it was in LG). Also android 4.3 has some issues with auto brightness, as it gets simply too dark.

And about the protective case. I always use rubber like protectors for the back, and it does a great job. You don't have to worry if the phone hits the ground, it won't have any damage.
And for the screen, I only use a basic screen protector (against scratches).

If You would like to know more just PM or quote this text.

koloko12
Old
(Last edited by koloko12; 15th March 2014 at 05:35 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Im about to buy a 2nd hand note ll, I've seen there are many chinese version that are fake. Is there a way to know if it's really Samsung product or so fake **** that isn't real.
one more thing, I know many phones that the battery is getting low even without use and it's beause the 3G is on, does it also with note ll?

dzejju
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by koloko12 View Post
Im about to buy a 2nd hand note ll, I've seen there are many chinese version that are fake. Is there a way to know if it's really Samsung product or so fake **** that isn't real.
one more thing, I know many phones that the battery is getting low even without use and it's beause the 3G is on, does it also with note ll?
I'm not using 3g but wireless and that's true. If You're disconencted from the network battery lasts longer.
About the fake version, it's quite easy to recognize. Just check the spen, no other phone has it, so if spen is there (and has all his functions) then it's an original one.
Please keep in mind that some Note 2 models have problems with random reboots, they suddenly freeze and You can't wake them up, so buy a one that has a warranty.

koloko12
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Those reboots and freeze cannot be solved? with recovery and another roms?