Photos disappearing?

Search This thread

tltan86

Jun 30, 2011
My friend's Note 3 (N9005) photos disappeared suddenly from "/DCIM/Camera" directory entirely. I tried data recovery referencing from http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-nexus/general/guide-internal-memory-data-recovery-yes-t1994705 using Recuva, TestDisk and PhotoRec but did not recover any of the original photos, all are thumbnails.

From the TestDisk search option, under "/DCIM/Camera" directory, there are no sign of deleted files (Note: Deleted files will be displayed in red text)!!!. OMG!

No success from web search. There are many others whom faced similar problem, read https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=note+3+photo+disappear.

Note: I am no beginner and have some knowledge on data recovery.

Please advise!

Thank you.

Last edited:

Reefee

Nov 17, 2008
Nottingham
Is the DCIM folder on the internal memory or external SD card?
I have had files and photos mysteriously disappearing on my 64 GB SanDisk card..turned out to be a re-labeled 4GB fake card that was causing all the problems.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

tltan86

Jun 30, 2011
Is the DCIM folder on the internal memory or external SD card?
I have had files and photos mysteriously disappearing on my 64 GB SanDisk card..turned out to be a re-labeled 4GB fake card that was causing all the problems.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Hi @Reefee, thanks for the reply.

All photos will be stored in internal storage as there is no sdcard inserted. I've checked the camera settings, resolution is set at high quality, I can first filter out based on resolution size which I have yet to do so, so far just a brief run through at the images which all turns out to be thumbnail size.

Will keep my progress updated.

tltan86

Jun 30, 2011
Sorry for the late follow up, I have yet to find a solution and the cause of this. I couldn't help much and have already returned the phone to my friend then.

Thanks for reading.