Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HTC One wont boot after nandriod recovery

OP vash3100

17th March 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I've had my HTC one for a little over half a year and I have been running cynogenmod 10.1 on it with no problems until I decided to update it to 10.2.1. when i had finished doing that I started having problems with it running and the just randomly rebooting frequently so I went back into my recovery (twrp 2.5.0.0) and went to recover into my nandriod backup. After I wiped the phone and used the backup i restarted it and now my phone just sits on the HTC One loading screen.

I can still enter into the recovery and bootloader (1.44 s-on), adb does find it in its device list when its connected to the computer. also when I go to restart the recovery I get a message saying "your device appears to not be rooted install supersu now? This will root your device". It doesn't do anything when i do say install or not to install it and just restarts the device. I did have it rooted before so I'm not sure if the recovering of the old phones image removed the root?

Not quite sure what I may have done wrong as I'm still fairly new to rooting and all but I'm unsure as to where to go from here. I've been digging through threads on the HTC one forum and I feel like I may be over thinking what i need to do. I couldn't really find a direct answer and i don't want to accidentally make it worse.

so here i am any help would be appreciated.
17th March 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,292

3,329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vash3100

I've had my HTC one for a little over half a year and I have been running cynogenmod 10.1 on it with no problems until I decided to update it to 10.2.1. when i had finished doing that I started having problems with it running and the just randomly rebooting frequently so I went back into my recovery (twrp 2.5.0.0) and went to recover into my nandriod backup. After I wiped the phone and used the backup i restarted it and now my phone just sits on the HTC One loading screen.

I can still enter into the recovery and bootloader (1.44 s-on), adb does find it in its device list when its connected to the computer. also when I go to restart the recovery I get a message saying "your device appears to not be rooted install supersu now? This will root your device". It doesn't do anything when i do say install or not to install it and just restarts the device. I did have it rooted before so I'm not sure if the recovering of the old phones image removed the root?

Not quite sure what I may have done wrong as I'm still fairly new to rooting and all but I'm unsure as to where to go from here. I've been digging through threads on the HTC one forum and I feel like I may be over thinking what i need to do. I couldn't really find a direct answer and i don't want to accidentally make it worse.

so here i am any help would be appreciated.

update your twrp version, 2.5.0.0 is very outdated. then flash latest cm11
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 06:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alray

update your twrp version, 2.5.0.0 is very outdated. then flash latest cm11

Alright ill give it a try and let you know if it works but im still confused why my backup didnt work. Could the old version of twrp?
17th March 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal, Quebec
Thanks Meter: 1,292

3,329 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Alright ill give it a try and let you know if it works but im still confused why my backup didnt work. Could the old version of twrp?

Maybe. Did you backed-up every partition (boot, system and data)?

You could try to restore you back-up with the latest twrp, it might also help to clear cache.
The Following User Says Thank You to alray For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th March 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 105

458 posts
More
Quote:

Its most likely that the old recovery is the issue. 2.7.0.0 has been released and why not CM11, which is in its snapshot stage?? And, your HBOOT and firmware are also extremely outdated. 1.44 was the HBOOT at launch. 1.56 is the latest
17th March 2014, 09:21 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
It took awhile but everything is working again. I guess my backup was corrupt or something because it still didnt work after i flashed the recovery to a newer version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread