Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,151 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Connecting a Phone Via Bluetooth

Tip us?

A Dustman
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Connecting a Phone Via Bluetooth

Hello,

I originally posted this over on the WP8 forums, but I still haven't been able to figure this out. Maybe someone here has the solution.

I've got a Lumia 1020 and I'm trying to connect via Bluetooth to a windows 8.1 device. I'm able to pair the devices, but as soon as that process is complete, the connection drops. On my phone, I can tap on the name of my computer, and it will reconnect, but it lasts for literally 3 seconds, before dropping the connection again. I've tried connecting to both my Surface RT and my windows 8.1 ultrabook with the same result. The phone will connect to my car stereo just fine, and I never have to do anything with it. Is there some sort of protocol that's missing in Windows 8 to allow phones to connect via Bluetooth? My main use for this would be music streaming, and using my tablet as a hands free device.

My eventual plan is to mount my Dell Venue 8 Pro in my car as a carpc, so I would like to figure this out somehow. I've tried disabling the Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator, and strictly use the Intel Bluetooth 4.0 adapter, but still, the same thing happens. I can't even stream music from my phone.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Dustin

I should also mention that I've tried connecting an android phone with the same outcome

mcosmin222
Old
Thanks Meter 201
The connection drops because nobody uses it. As soon as some app open a socket between the phone and tablet, the connection will pop up again. This is the default behavior of bluetooth. The devices are first paired, and connection is opened only after something needs it.